Shoulda brought a diapa...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
great dig, congratulations! Good news, that yellow ink is pontiled, and if its as yellow as it looks to me on my screen a bit harder to come by then the cobalt umbrella, although those are tough to get too

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: tigue710

great dig, congratulations!  Good news, that yellow ink is pontiled, and if its as yellow as it looks to me on my screen a bit harder to come by then the cobalt umbrella, although those are tough to get too

This one on Glass Works is very close to mine, but a bit yellower and darker... Believe me, I'll be watching it like a hawk!

It's lot 232. Forgot these crappy links don't work.

232.jpg

David Fertig

Reaction score
Congrats. I'm not an ink collector (meaning I don't usually buy them), but those sure are nice! Can't say I'd be disappointed with the cracked one AND the amber.

The insulators look like lightning rod system insulators. Not a great value for the aqua ones, but any with color or character are better.

Clean 'em and post them over in the insulators forum.

03FEF23C5B784BA190BA7D6731AD62DF.jpg

Attachments

• 03FEF23C5B784BA190BA7D6731AD62DF.jpg
    03FEF23C5B784BA190BA7D6731AD62DF.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 68

Wheelah23

Reaction score
They are lightning rod insulators. I was surprised at how many were in there! All chipped up to varying degrees of severity. They're really crude, I think they'll look great when cleaned. They're old, right? I figure 1860's, when the house was built.

tigue710

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

ORIGINAL: tigue710

great dig, congratulations! Good news, that yellow ink is pontiled, and if its as yellow as it looks to me on my screen a bit harder to come by then the cobalt umbrella, although those are tough to get too

This one on Glass Works is very close to mine, but a bit yellower and darker... Believe me, I'll be watching it like a hawk!

It's lot 232. Forgot these crappy links don't work.

232.jpg

In looking back i might of jumped the gun as I see you said yours has some amber in it... Just a beautiful set of inks there... Hard to find those cobalt ones pontiled too... Hella nice job!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Just found out by chance Steven Colbert's wife ended up ogling the dig... Didn't even realize it was her! Probably weirded her out with the digging... [:D]

tigue710

Reaction score
I think it would be hard to weird out Steve Colbert's wife... propbably one of the more normal things she has seen...!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Wow! now there's national celebrities involved! I know this sounds like the first half of a sarcastic remark but I have no intention of enabling the 2nd half.. that's just plain awesome.. !

cadburys

Reaction score
Conner.

Congratulations on an awesome dig. No going back now... hooked for life!

Ant

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson