showing off a bit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bonesbda

Reaction score
yup...them broad arrow ones...seen a few with letters/numbers...tho nothing like the 4...
scarey part is the codd is now my 2nd one...1st i found i traded away...and it was whole. doh..[:(]

tigue710

Reaction score
it happens! I've felt the same way about that paneled bottled... I dug another a few months back but I smashed it... It was in a surface dump under a little tree. When I got to the tree I rocked it back and forth to pull it out of the ground and while doing so I heard a "pop"... and the base of the bottle fell out from under the tree... the rest was all in there.... it was right up an inch or two from the surface, I though I had checked under the tree good... I'm still angry about it! lol...

Beautiful collection you have put together, thanks for helping with my research!

bonesbda

Reaction score
been in that situation....pulled top of a couple bottles in my time...thankfully never anything great..phew/knock on wood.
you're quite welcome...always fun talking about bottles.hope you're sucessful in your research.is it only english glass bottles your looking into or clay as well?

tigue710

Reaction score
hopefully it wont happen again for a while!...

This particular style I've been looking into. It's been assumed it was a Stoddard New Hampshire bottle but I havent seen any others turn up except for the ones that I've found and one other. I'm trying to link the bottle to the New London Connecticut glass house but I want to make sure I can rule out an English origin also since it is very similar in shape and design to the early 19th century English medicine utilities...

bonesbda

Reaction score
all the english bottles i've ever seen have that double collar like the pic...your one would most likely be american...only lips i've seen like that are american medicines...they all seem to have that sloped look...

tigue710

Reaction score
yup, thats usually a good indicator, with the porters too. Sometimes with just the right lip I can I.D. a piece of blackglass, all though the rules are often broken. There really is not anything about my bottle that looks English to me but I want to check all the corners, and look at some nice bottles while I'm at it!

bonesbda

Reaction score
thanks, it's taken me about 4 years to put this collection together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday