Sink Hole Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

huffmnd

Reaction score
I had a fellow contact me about some bottles that he had a while back. He was supposed to try to take some pics of the bottles but his camera bit the dust. I didn't think that I would hear from him again but yesterday he emailed me and said that I could have all of his old bottles that he had stored in his barn and that if I wanted to I could go out back to the sink hole and dig there if I wanted. He said that the farm has been there for over 150 years and he remembers his grandmother throwing her old bottles out there and that there were quite a few just laying around under the leaves. I am going out to check it out on Saturday as long as it doesn't rain too much.

huffmnd

Reaction score
Well I checked it out and it really isn't a sink hole but more like a ravine. There was an old log cabin that stood there at one time but it is long gone. The whole hill side is covered with bottles I spotted a bunch from the 60's and 70's. I haven't started to dig yet it came a downpour right before I showed up. The man that owns the property said that the farm dated back to the 1850's so you never know what is down there. I believe that I am going to start at the bottom of the ravine and work my way back up.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL