site pictures , of homestead barn and privy ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I got home early today and since it's 78 degree's here on the 15th of november I rode my dirtbike over to the site I was thinking about digging up !
as you should be able to tell I am new at this , I have liked old bottles and other old antique stuff for year's but just now decided to try and find some stuff on my own , anyway I only had time to dig about 6''s of dirt away from what I THINK is a privy , I made a four foot probe and went all the way with little effert at all so it's either a privy or a well ? or maybe alien's buried a space ship here ?? just kidding here is some pics I took of the site and I will realy be looking forward to ANY advice thank's

Reaction score
pic

Us53299.jpg

madman

Reaction score
yo vh very nice,, i would dig in the well, or privy thing, but be carefull!! theres got to be a kickass dump around there!! nice pix im jealous mike

Reaction score
from looking at these pictures can anyone see anything or tell me where best to look for a dump ? or other privies ? they have got to be some bottles around this site , a pro bottle digger could come here and be finding stuff right away I'll bet , but I am new to all this , once I figure it out I will have plenty to do because they are many many many homesteads like this one all withing less than a half hour from where I live ,

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Looks like the house is on a hillside so the dump will be downhill. Typically there will be signs of an old road or path. Look for a ravine or natural depression or old creekbed. Use a metal detector to look for buried cans and other metal to find dump. You often see old buckets or agate ware on surface.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229