Sleepslikerocks digs with Digswithstick

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I was happy with the way the field picture came out. I think the Kodak Easyshare is a good camera, but if you are really into photography, like I am, it doesn't always cut it. I ned to fix some things on my computer in order to post the dig vids.
I found a Majors Cement. Anyone know if this is a sample or not? It's pretty small, aqua. Having an off day here.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing with us.. glad you cats had a nice time!! -Charlie

PS I see you got a "Maison Dorin" thingy there.. is that a lid? I dug one too..

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey all,...Charlie,Fred, Woody....Rick dug a bunch of those out of the foundation, We were discussing if it was a lid. It must be... He gave us alot of the odds and ends in the pics...The bromos were accumulated from Rick's past digs. I just grabbed them for posterity...I can't pass one by,[:D] They were the first bottles I ever dug,...There was a whole pan full out at the dig. My best item dug was a big Bennington marble, It's in the pottery pic... Joe

athometoo

Reaction score
this might sound stupid , but what are the little clay cups above the marbles for? we have been tossing them back thinking they were commons . glad you got to meet some fellow diggers and have some fun . i went out last night and only came home with a 1923 coke dallas and a embossed 1931 dr . pepper . will post pics later . thinking of taking family on vacation next week , but everywhere im thinking of has to do with digging . (dang thats wrong) . have fun and remember to drink plenty and skeeter spray . sam p.s great marbles ya got there . is the bottom right of bromo pic an eyewash?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
this might sound stupid , but what are the little clay cups above the marbles for? we have been tossing them back thinking they were commons
ORIGINAL: athometoo

Rick brought us those when he came down to dig here two weeks ago,...We were speculating that they were tied to the ring handle of crock jugs as a sampler, or shot glass of sorts.....It would fit with how many are found, I've always thought they were cool. Anyone else have any info on em'? Oh, yeah...The cup (cobalt ) in the pic is a Wyeth dose glass...(Again, Thanks Rick) to replace the damaged one on my wyeth. Joe

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The shot glass theory works for me.. I wouldn't want anybody else's lips on my crock![;)]

athometoo

Reaction score
SHOT GLASS IT IS THEN . we found so many i thought of make a wind chime out of them . charlie i still have the syrups , if ya want em .

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Hi ,Laur those pictures are real good ,really like that field picture i almost take for granted the beauty of the landscape then i look at that picture and it is a good reminder not to take anything for granted but to enjoy and cherish it .I brought home 2 beads and a shard Joe found and gave me, did not know it existed,i have to dig one or buy one now (lol) .I was busy questioning (pestering)Joe and Laur about pottery shards, they know pottery and glass ,and started digging what i thought was well or privy but i think it was small root cellar going to have dig it out someday ,not much glass but i did not dig much of it.Had a great time we have to do it again ,maybe Fred can come next time as well ,did not want to take too many people to farmers field as they can be funny sometimes.Thanks for coming ,and the very nice poison bottle ! The beads pic

CFE934EE61A044AAA92DB709540C1D93.jpg

Attachments

• CFE934EE61A044AAA92DB709540C1D93.jpg
    CFE934EE61A044AAA92DB709540C1D93.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 32

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter