Small Amber Pontiled Utility With Applied top?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
Just got this today! I'm not too sure what to make of it as i'm more of a historical flask guy so i'm looking or opinions. Its about 3-3/4" tall so its pretty small. It also has a pontil of some sorts as well as a crude applied top. It has some great striations as well! Check it out! let me know your opinions!
DSC08495_zpsebd5575d.jpg
DSC08496_zpsc7a5425f.jpg
DSC08497_zps943e3db4.jpg
DSC08498_zps32fbe167.jpg
DSC08501_zps4ec7e7c6.jpg
Thanks!!!

Dugout

Reaction score
Re: Small Amber Pontiled Whiskey With Applied top?

Nice little bottle there. Great window show!

Ohiosulator

Reaction score
I thought so as well but wasn't sure. The first thing that actually came to my mind was mini whiskey cylinder when I saw it haha

KentOhio

Reaction score
I find it unusual that it has mold seams down the sides, but not across the base.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Sadly a recent reproduction. I still don't know who is making these but they come in aqua, amber, and other colors and can also be found with different colored lips. A lot of them pop up with labels pasted on them. Most of them seem to be found in Vermont and New Hampshire...I suspect someone is selling them at flea markets or something. Someone got big-time burned on these at one of Knotty Pine's antique auctions...

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Yup. When you see them they just don't look quite right. And the ones with labels are an obvious fraud, because the labels are a TOC style that isn't old enough, and the labels have that "photocopier new" look about them as well.Also, they come in colors that simply weren't found in that time frame. I suspect they come through customs with a "made in China" label on them somewhere... Jim G quote=nhpharm]Sadly a recent reproduction. I still don't know who is making these but they come in aqua, amber, and other colors and can also be found with different colored lips. A lot of them pop up with labels pasted on them. Most of them seem to be found in Vermont and New Hampshire...I suspect someone is selling them at flea markets or something. Someone got big-time burned on these at one of Knotty Pine's antique auctions...
[/quote]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583