Small brown bottle with 3 lug closure. Help please.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I'm hoping I'm right the bottoms are Owens Ring?
I never heard anyone hope for that [:D][:D] but yes, they are.
They could be just aspirin. Bromo's of the teens and 20's used a lug top also. It really depends on who was ordering and making a particular style at the time.
I remember ketchup still using a lug cap in the 60's.

Little Wing

Reaction score
Well yes, pontil would be better but I hoped I was at least clever enough to know all the ones that I have that are NOT pontil :p I looked for 50's and 60s bottles that matched today but no luck. I already sold most of them for a few dollars but the buyer asked me the history... I know the woods were used to dump things for quite some time but I think from the area people would have stopped dumping their trash in the woods by the 60's. I gave the buyer a link to this thread so maybe we might even end up with a new member. I sell my bottles really cheap, they are always pretty common but I saw a seller on Etsy the other day selling really REALLY nice like drool worthy bottles for not much money. I'm gonna sell mine n buy his :p

Little Wing

Reaction score
I had to go look to see the name because I forgot it but his shop is called bottlessoldcheap. I has read a couple people here say they throw bottles back and thought, "they should sell them on Etsy"... guess someone is.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause