Small smelling salts?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MuddyMO

Reaction score
This is a dug find in Columbia, MO and I have no idea what it is. Just a tad taller than the common Bromo bottle. Assuming it could be a smelling salts bottle, the top is tooled. The embossing is a star, with a faint monogram on the star, possibly a C, R, and an A. There are little protruding dots at the intersections of the monogram. Seems like the monogram was unfinished, is this how some made the embossed letters? Probably dates from late 1890's to early 1900. Thanks all

pictured next to a CD121 and a 1/2 pint

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Pat, I have one in my "Littles" collection and the monogram reads: R. M. C. to me. Mine is pretty bold. The glass is quite heavy for its size, 3" X 2 3/4" X 7/8". I thought when I got it that it probably held medicine but perhaps perfume or cologne. I think medicine because it does not have a ground mouth for a stopper and because of it's weight. On the other hand, the monogram, size & weight say perfume. Pure Speculation!Thank for sharing, I will be interested in what others think. Jim

MuddyMO

Reaction score
I'd say your right on the letters being RMC, can't see the outer legs of the M, so I thought it was an A.

Yes! The glass is unusually thick and weighty, and the star so prominent. The medicines found here (Columbia pharmacies) don't have those initials, so I'm guessing it's from elsewhere or a different product, like you and I have thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1