Smyrna Delaware squat soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

redbeardrelics

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with this TOY & O'NEIL / SMYRNA / DEL applied blob top soda bottle? It belongs to a friend of ours who would like to learn any company history and value estimates. He is looking to sell this bottle, and we will have it with us at our table this Sunday during the Baltimore Antique Bottle Show & Sale in Essex, MD. He will be looking to take the best offer for it, if anyone is interested.
Thank you

6D1559E6168C48959B07B18EAAA1885E.jpg

Attachments

• 6D1559E6168C48959B07B18EAAA1885E.jpg
    6D1559E6168C48959B07B18EAAA1885E.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 67

soda bottle

Reaction score
I am familar with this bottle and I would like first dibs on it. I paid 100 for mine about 2 months ago and would pay the same for this example if it has no damage, and would counter another offer if necessary. It is very rare and I have heard collectors who have been collecting for 20 plus years who have only seen a couple examples. The one I have is the first I've seen in 4 years of collecting. I will be at the show on Sunday , let me know if my offer is acceptable.

There is also a Daniel Toy from Smyrna, it is also a squat.

redbeardrelics

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and offer soda bottle. I have now had some other people message an interest in it as well, but will not let it go until you have had a chance to see it in person Sunday. The bottle has some exterior cloudiness in the shoulder, neck, and blob area, but has no chips or cracks, and comes with what is left of the original closure wires. We will be at table B-1, on the back side of the front row. Thanks again,

soda bottle

Reaction score
Toy and O'neil were in business from 1867' to around 1873'. Daniel Toy was his full name and O'neil I have not found much info on. It appears O'neil was deliquent on his taxes or bills and he was not found in the record book after 1873'. Daniel Toy continued bottling in Smyrna (his wifes family lived there) from 1873' till 1875. In 1875' his business went to sheriff sale and the last of the bottling company.

To note there is also a J. Toy from Brandywine, Delaware. (James) . James Toy was the father of Daniel. Some of J.Toy 's bottles are super super rare and very desirable. I think there is a dated bottle that is a one known. Thats all I know , thanks to John P.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday