Snakes- They are still out there

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rando

Reaction score
Yeah it's a Hertz rent-a-racer sold from C & C Ford Horsham, Pa. Hurst also was from that area as well back in the day.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Rando,...you saying that Cobra was a Hertz car??? My boss had one at his Erie, Pa storage facility for 18 years,....just recently aquired the title for back rent and resold it! No one was aware of its whereabouts due to the Hertz one way Rental angle I was told...Not sure of the color....Might have been Blue/white,...White blue... His was a 68 GT350. I just heard the story last week then I saw this post...Weird.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
On a semi related note, a class mate had a blue on white mustang/shelby in the 70's, and I remember skipping a class at school with 3 other kids and him, and while showing off for everybody, he blew up the engine and we had to run back to school in our ridiculous platform shoes....[sm=lol.gif]

I'll bet those rental GT's got hammered on....

rando

Reaction score
Guys,
Unfortunately I was not old enough when these cars were around, but one could go and rent one. And many people would rent them just for the weekends, hence the reason when people look at one, they usually go inside and lift the carpets to see if there were any welds from a roll cage that would been welded in place for track that weekend, then removed to return the car.
B Jackson sold a 4 spd for 140k last summer.
The car pictured, like I said looked to be all there and not a rust bucket, like they usually are. For a cruiser, just needs the basics to get it back. For weekend warrior, needs to be gone over thoroughly, but lot of potential (can you say- j hooks)!!

DIGS CHESCO

Reaction score
The Hertz color scheme was gold on black if my memory serves me correctly, and they are not very common.

rando

Reaction score
Hey Road Dog,
What kind of Mopar you gots? Mopar man myself, don't have one, but would love a 69-70 Road Runner or GTX. 68 or 70 Charger, 68 - 70 Super Bee. And for early years it would have to be max wedge/superstock Savoy or 330 car or early race hemi. Now back to reality and I can just look at pics of them!
Randy

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster