SNAKES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jpoff430

Here's my little buddy I ran into a while back. I posted a pic of him not to long ago on here. Im not really scared of snakes but he did startle me a little when he slithered out of this jar.

4D376A37B519473FB2B0EC50AB72DD7B.jpg
COPPERHEAD?

jpoff430

Reaction score
I originally thought mine was a copperhead when I saw it but later came to the conclusion that it was a baby black rat snake.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Blue Racer
The racers are about the coolest of snakes. I never had much luck catching them on land but they're a bit slower in water. I don't bother trying anymore. I love snakes and just let them be snakes, the totally beneficial creatures they are.

Bixel

Reaction score
I am not ashamed to admit that I HATE snakes. They creep me out. I am not a snake person, not even a bit.

My digging encounter with them was a few years ago digging in a dump. We were in an area that I was only using a hand trowel due to the amount of smalls, and meds that we were finding. I was about 2 feet deep, and leaned in close to dig the bottom of the hole. Thats when I heard it, and I looked and not 2 inches from my head is an old rusted can with the end missing, and a snake coiled up inside. I jumped back and I let him do his thing. I know we dont have any poisonous ones around here, but I still am not fond of those little fellows.

creeper71

Reaction score

I originally thought mine was a copperhead when I saw it but later came to the conclusion that it was a baby black rat snake.
His flatten head confused me too

Bent_Twig

Reaction score

Here's my little buddy I ran into a while back. I posted a pic of him not to long ago on here. Im not really scared of snakes but he did startle me a little when he slithered out of this jar.

4D376A37B519473FB2B0EC50AB72DD7B.jpg
Not too afraid of snakes up here in North Ohio because we have no poisonous ones. So with my rookie knowledge on snakes , I would have assumed that this was a bad one because the head has a viper look to it. I had always heard that this was something to look for.
Twig.

WAHIAWA DIGGER

Reaction score
Thank God no snakes in Hawaii... just gotta watch out for centipedes and Wild Boars.

jpoff430

Reaction score
His head threw me off as well. Looks a lot like a copperhead except for the markings on his head. I think copperheads have unmarked plain heads. Regardless I left him be and wasnt gonna take any chances

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn