So long....Rhett my dog my buddy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stardust

Reaction score
hang in there privvy.
people care
and are here for you.

privvydigger

Reaction score
Rhett was a yellow Lab.....Didn't fetch and hated water even a s a youngster. Did his own thing and enjoyed being a lap dog. An 80 lb lap dog!
Pictures may be lost but I will remember him no matter. I had to give him meds every 12 hrs on the hour. I can actually leave if I want.
Vacation sounds good.
privvydigger

Stardust

Reaction score
i hope you do take that vacation knowing Rhett's in the arms of the angels...

Stardust

Reaction score
[;)][;)][;)]​
don't ruin anyone's post......​

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, Privvydigger. I'm sure it helps to know that your friends here empathize with you. I lost my two cats at once last year. I still cry about it. I was in a bad car accident after just moving back to my home state from a divorce. I was staying at my Grandmother's. She told me I had to move right away. Her kids wanted her to sell her house so they could get the money. Sounds like a soap opera. I had no time, had to find somewhere to go, was still recovering, and no place would take cats. None of my friends or other family could keep them for me. I was not putting them in a strange shelter after they lived with me for so many years to either be adopted by God knows who or suffer in a cage waiting to be put to sleep. I made the hardest decision of my life with them. At least I know they are in heaven. It's a hard story to tell, but that's it in a nutshell. Animals are capable of unconditional love, something my Grandmother wasn't. I know that story is a bummer to say the least, but it helps to talk about it. I understand the loss and the agony. It will become easier over time, but you'll never forget. Take comfort in knowing Rhett is at peace and that you gave him everything. I agree with Rick that when you feel ready, down the road, getting another companion will do wonders. Take care. Keep digging, it's great therapy and it's free.
Laur

Stardust

Reaction score
Hey Privvy,
the sun is shining .......here
at least for a few mins...
going to check on some bottles i found yesterday
at the thrift.
hope your having a good day [:)]

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi privydigger, it took me a while to read this post, because i have been thru it several times and i know the pain. it so hard to let them go. i knew this would be hard to do, but i wanted to let you know how sorry i am for your lost. i lost my 1st ginger 4 yrs ago (13 yrs), come the 1st of sept. i didn't think i could go thru that lost again. 5 months later i saw an add in the paper for red dobberman pups. i went to see her, and when she came running across the room i knelt down, she ran up my legs and into my arms and just stayed there. i now have ginger II. i hope the pain heals soon and you can find another copanion ment for you like i did. rhona

Stardust

Reaction score
sorry lobeycat, i thought this all happened a while ago.... i hope your daughter is ok and you help her work through this. i was about her age when i lost my best cat in the world. my mom and dad were great about it. i really had a hard time. i talked to that cat like it was a real person. she was the best cat ever. go and get her a kitten and surprise her. it will be much better then listening to her cry.....

Stardust

Reaction score
hey privvy,
went to get some keys made and they had special keys with all kinds of things on them and on sale to boot. one had a yellow lab on it and i thought of you. i got a set of red hearts for my sweet heart. never knew they made such a thing so you could get a key or i just thought of what i did after my girl passed. i have my little girl's dog tags on my key chain and her Guardian Angel tag is now on my new dog. i feel her energy is in those tags as she wore them close to her body...
take care...

Rhett has given us all a chance to share and release some pain...

i hope you'll let us know how you are doing sometime soon.

take care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday