So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: Couple of finds today

Iron hope you get those bottles. We have t-storms today, not sure about detecting today.

I ran the SN on the Victrola plate, that model was made 1911-1925, and the Sn put its manufacture at 1915....its going to clean up nice and go in my collectibles display. Just never know day to day what those places will give up.

Have to go get some cleaning supplies today, maybe a few things at Wally world too. 705 ch of storms for today so have to wait. May hit some parking lots after this saturation and see how much $ is laying about.

ironmountain

Reaction score

i hope i at least get to look at those bottles!!! i havent been to the antique store i visit in ages. nice lady. her entire store is packed. every space has something on it and her basement is 1/4 bottles. her deceased husband had been digging for 30+ years and alot of them are his bottles. she said she has way more at her house. And she usually gives me 50% off because they've been sitting there forever and she knows i'm going to spend there...need to get up to see her soon, even just to b.s. with her. plus wife says don't even think of bringing more 'stuff' into the house until i get rid of what i've got now...so i've been slowly taking pics of stuff i'm going to sell off.

didn't get out today at all..was cool and windy/wet all day. warmed up around 4. which was when daughter had soccer practice, left that by 5 so we could get to the school for son's concert. Finished that at eight and hit the grocery store.

sister's house torched this morning. luckily she and all 6 kids made it out ok. big farm house in berrien county (howard city). wife is heading down that way for work all next week. she spoke with her mom/dad/3 sisters and they're all dumping money/goods in for them. very nice gesture from them. my mom said the dirt road was lined with people she lives near with clothes, blankets, food, gift cards for walmart and stuff...my brother gave her a full houseful of furniture (he's moving). So they're set with "stuff" just need to find a place to live...crazy..you never think it happens to you or a family member.

MIdigger

Reaction score

I know where Howard City is, glad they are ok. Its good people that help out in situations like this. Makes you appreciate what you have. Ive been on both ends of the spectrum.

We got blasted with storms last night, schools are closed, I69,I475 and I75 are closed because of flooding, which hasnt happened since the remnants of a hurricane pushed through back in 84-or 85. Im sure the floods will abate in a few days. I was detecting the other day and a plane kept zooming over, later found out a fisherman drwoned in Mott lake very near my "spots". Theyve not recovered the body yet, and with all this water it may be some time before they do. Feel bad for his family.

On a good note, I think ill be detecting as soon as the waters down I think there should be some great finds. Plus I have some new equipment to use and should help me be a bit more productive.

ironmountain

Reaction score

ooh..new equip? do tell!

floods can be horrid. I couldn't even imagine losing someone in a flood.

Looks like sister will be all set. sister-in-law let them use her house while she sleeps in her motorhome. nice sacrifice.
Mom said the amount of clothing looks like a rummage sale swirled in. toys, clothes, food, gift cards, money to a bank account someone started for them
My brother has a storage unit full of all of the furniture from his house from his recent divorce. He's giving them all of it. So they have a house full of furniture/clothes/gift cards and some non-perishable foods. there are going to be like 3 benefit dinners and raffles and my wife and her sister (while wife is down in green bay for soccer tourney) are going tonight to get stuff like linens, towels, pots/pans, cutlery..all of the stuff people forget about.

On another topic. I got the floor drain fixed...water in basement when wife did laundry. floor drain overflowed. i got to get nice and soaked and stinky bailing that out and snaking it. then snaking the large cleanout downline...then trying to remove the small cleanout plug on the edge of the drain....nothing would work. dw40, pbBlast etc..the old mini-sledge hammer worked though. pounded the middle out, retrieved it and ripped out the rest of it...then bleach mop the entire floor.

did the laundry test and yay..laundry is going well again..

was going to get out detecting today but just got too busy. plus i think i had a seizure while i was home alone. Very tired. Haven't felt that tired since first seizure. I lay down on the bed and curl up with one of the dogs at 8. I wake up at 12:30 on the floor sweating. was a bit disoriented and still tired, but otherwise fine.

son has testing tomorrow for TKD at 11. after that, i'm hitting the park and working my way to his school to the original baseball diamond/playground field area. dates back to the 20's. Now it's just a dirt circle with a home plate and a rusty fence behind home plate. Bleachers and dugouts are gone. Might be some prime picking there.

Let me know how the MD'ing goes near the water. I havent taken my F2 near the water (been on normal beach, but not close to water..keeps chattering). Couple places here that I know nobody has detected because I find so much clad there my back hurts after a few hrs of digging.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Iron, not too much new stuff, new Ames potato rake, also 14 tine steel rake, large pack rubberized gloves, camelback (tired of carrying bottles), new miltary knee pads, another set of Military BDUs for crawling around (I really beat the snot outta clothing) new beach sand sifter, some new Ames digging trowels (the green handles job with the serrated edge they work great for $8 bucks). Have the pinpointer and a few other things on the way also.

Rummage sales paid off finally-- got 2 new in the package Swiss army brand sleeping bags for $5 each. The stickers were still on them $30.00 ea. Good to 40 degrees so I can use in fair weather, figure Ill keep one in the SVU for the heck of it. A couple of used 3 prongs for 50 cents each (my supply was dwindling--I was breaking them left and right the last few weeks). Some books, and a few military items too.

Good that the family is receiving the necessary help to get back on their feet. Hope those seizures dont keep you down. I think I need to take the drain apart here from washing all the bottles think the traps full. I did go detecting yesterday for just a bit after the monsoon....3 dimes/about 15 pennies/some pcs of copper and aluminum/ a half dime---NOW when I say 1/2 dime do not think of 1850s type silver half dimes.....SOME &$*_@#& actually cut a Roosevelt dime (clad no less)in half and I had to detect it.....I couldnt stop laughing....probably some joker that hates metal detectorists---couldve done the same thing by planting zincolns. I did also find a few bottles/a green glass stopper/ and the average 2 pcs of-----say it with me----Silverplate (Im really due for some sterling).... Hoping to hit a few other places if the waters receeded enough to allow foot travel.

Hope everyones out finding some goods, good luck everyone!.

bottlediger

Reaction score

Here are my MD finds from today clad and 59 rosie, the silver ring was from yesterday

Ryan

8BAB6ACAB3B14D61AA289F0A29FDF023.jpg

Attachments

• 8BAB6ACAB3B14D61AA289F0A29FDF023.jpg
    8BAB6ACAB3B14D61AA289F0A29FDF023.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 80

bottlediger

Reaction score

dime

1333AFD6AE8947A4867D91C760C761F0.jpg

Attachments

• 1333AFD6AE8947A4867D91C760C761F0.jpg
    1333AFD6AE8947A4867D91C760C761F0.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 86

bottlediger

Reaction score

ring

08529CEE60B5452FA7FE72EEEF19B6C9.jpg

Attachments

• 08529CEE60B5452FA7FE72EEEF19B6C9.jpg
    08529CEE60B5452FA7FE72EEEF19B6C9.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 82

MIdigger

Reaction score
Small finds

Congrats on your finds! Silvers always good. Glad to see others finds.

Todays finds were rather dull, 2 q (clad) 1 ft long hunk of copper tube, and a large brass fitting. Weather was decent.

appliedlips

Reaction score
RE: Small finds

When did u start detecting Ryan?Good to see you back around.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator