So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
RE: Small finds

Hey Doug

I used to do it years ago, got back into it after I got back from Afghanistan. I don't go out much but usally do alright when I do.

Good hearing from you

Ryan

MIdigger

Reaction score
Silver

Took the MXT-P out for a bit, found about $1 in what I thought was all clad. When I washed the coins, I found among the clad--a 1952-P silver dime, and also 1 wheat- a 1910-P...Hoping to do some trail mding later, or tomorrow.

Plumbata

Reaction score
RE: Silver

Nice finds Bottlediger and MIdigger, silver is always nice.

Went out yesterday and found about a buck in clad before a pretty heavy thunderstorm rolled in and shut me down. Myself and my gear were totally drenched and dripping wet by the time I got back (walked to the spot, and had to walk back). Good thing my phone is essentially waterproof.

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: Silver

nice to see the find reports! been cruddy weather here. Cold and pretty rainy.
Been a bit busy anyway. Wife is downstate for the week for seminars and I've been running like a crazy man. Between travel soccer, phys therapy, TKD and youth group for my daughter and tkd/youth group/Jazz Band (piano and trumpet) for son this week, I've barely had time to come on here...would be nice to see the weather clear up.... til then , keep the reports coming!!! I can live vicariously through you guys.

MIdigger

Reaction score
A bit of coins

Plumb, thats about what I found today. Wandered a park 2 track and came away with 3 quarters, 1 dime, and maybe 10 pennies. 1 steel fishing leader, a 1 inch strip of copper, and 1pc of 1/4 copper wire about 10 inches long. Nothing great.

Iron, sooner or later the weathers gotta turn for the good there. It was decent this morning, but much like Plumbs detecting the rain moved in and I moved out!. Sounds like the family obligations are cutting into the Md time, but if the weathers bad I guess thats fine.

Good luck everyone.

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: A bit of coins

good weather today. had a few dr appointments and some running to do. daughter has phys therapy from 4-5 then i'm going to get out for a while. was 40 degrees this morning and by 11 it was almost 75 so it'll be a good day to get out.
After dr appointment today I took a ride through some areas of the original rr tracks here and didn't find anything. A bunch of Seagram's pint bottles and some vodka bottles, that was it.
Not even a hint of something remotely old. I was in an area where the old switch was that brought a 2nd track in from where the mines are located. Nothing left except for the grade and a few RR ties here and there. Still nothing. Might have to ride closer to the mines and see if the miners left anything good near the RR . Next time will bring the MD but breaking it down and throwing it into a backpack gets to be a pain when you're biking everywhere.

Brains

Reaction score

got a silver quarter (1964) a month or so ago, today i picked up a 1941 nickel, a couple wheat's, and a 1946 dime- the dime was a pretty cool find, silver's tough to find.
oh... this comes from working the register at a pick up window by the way. Sometimes we get really cool stuff, but i'd like to go detect some time too

MIdigger

Reaction score

Some of my best finds have been clerk finds. Just pulled another set of silver halves a 42-P and 44-P set of walkers, bought some coins at the local shop, found a 1960 Ty-B proof rev silver quarter (50-60 dollars there, that was in a 1960 mint set)), and then some 43 steel cents and found an XF 1943-D doubled "D" mintmark (about 75.00 or more there)....... You never know where youll find the good stuff.

Detecting and digging got scrubbed due to rain all day....tomorrow hope to be out in the am looking for goods.

carobran

Reaction score

Whats the most $$ any of you have ever found in one day detecting? I think the most we've found was a little over $12.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Probably somewhere near that...except that 14k ring was worth close to $300 bucks...and some other finds up about $50.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator