So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: 1933 Ford coin

S-1 no that must be the other one with the 33 Ford grille and Ford logo in the middle on the other side.

The one I have has the V-8 in the center, but no words or the leaf wreath. The other side of mine has "Thirty years" at the top, the Ford logo in the center and "of progress" at the bottom. I believe the one you show is brass, and the one I have is the copper one.

I cant believe I found the thing in the rodeo ring.

MIdigger

Reaction score
More strange finds

So I went back to the arena, and covered it from end to end today. Last year they had a "Warrior Dash" event there. All I know is the detector kept reading quarters and I dug up 17 Warrior dash medals (about 2x3 inches in the form of a vikings helmet with the horns)......17 of those things! 4 were complete with the ribbons yet attached. Got most of them cleaned up. Also found some change quarters/dimes/few pennies and some chunks of aluminum. Dont know if theyre CL material but may get something out of them.

Sadly Iron, my streak of Silverplate came to an end today....nothing. But I only did the arena area and a short distance to the SUV. I suppose on a good note those things appear to be a plate over copper core...$$.

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: More strange finds

you loves you some plate for sure! Made it out after dinner for an hour or so yesterday and day before. Ended up with a couple handfuls of nails. Nothing else, just nails. Some good signals but wanted to clean the nails out first. I swear it must have cost 40k to redo our roof when they reroofed it 5years ago. The amount of nails they dropped would account for 3/4 of it. Ridiculous. Spent all day today at a Dr appt and on the phone.

Dumping DirecTV. I love it, but it's so expensive. Cable is too. Going to go with Amazon Prime, Netflix and Hulu+ on the xBox for now. Either getting a Roku box for streaming (almost 500channels through that thing) or waiting until the Apple TV 3 is jailbroken (rooted) so I'm not stuck with just iTunes and going to use that to add channels/live tv etc... I'd much rather pay 20bucks a month for all of the movies and tv shows I can stomach than 80-100.

Spoke with the insurance company today. Had my agent (nice girl I know) work on the policy for our vehicles and she ended up cutting 300ish every six months off of our policy. wife was happy with that.

HH tomorrow if you get out.

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: More strange finds

Well, Hopefully youll get past the nail layer.... As far as the cable and Dtv yeah, costs are rediculous. I could get by with the std channels and just History chnl, Military chnl, Weather chnl, and may 2-3 more. You sound like theres going to be wires running everywhere, squirrels on wheels for power, and a lot of duct and electrical tape......but, if it works, Id be the first to ask for you to "wire up" the house here. As bad as gasoline...the other day 3.53, today 3.87 and we know crude oils dropped significantly, were at a 22 year high for surplus in the U.S. but its not gouging!!

Good thing the detecting spots are close. Went out a bit before the heat moved in, 1q,2d,2p, and some scrap (no silverplate). However, I may do a short dig tomorrow supposed to rain for a short bit and cool off. Well with that discount that should get you into a new detector right?

ironmountain

Reaction score
RE: A bit of coins

carobran--I once found a pocket spill (more like a jar spill) of quarters. The pockets of my shorts were so full they were almost falling down. Never did count how much was there, just tossed them in the clad jar. (none were silver).

As far as numismatic value, I found an 1877CC dime, a 1906 dime, 1916 dime and a '44 silver quarter in one day. The park behind the house for the 1877 and neighbor's yard for the rest.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Got a nice mint set find Iron....bought some 60s silver mint sets. Found a 1961 that has the TY-2 proof reverse...The coins in very nice shape and going to be slabbed. Ms-60 I think its 70.00 and MS-65 pulls 200.00.... I just thought it was a neat find in a mint set. Have a few others to send in also. Will be interesting to see what grade it comes back.

Detectings been slow. few Hot wheels cars the other day and some scrap. Yesterday I was out swindled on a spot I usually have first thing in the morning. Some twizzler was swinging as I drove up...I mean were talking 6:15 am........Anyways I have some park spots lined up for tomorrow morning at dawn.

However, cleaning some junk out to toss, I located some 1955-D,1955-S and 1951-S roosevelts and a 1945-D silver war nickle, and a nice 1918 Lincoln cent that have been laying around.

We have 3 days coming with highs only in the 60s. Figure they will be some dig/detect days for sure. Plus that dump area I was going to do some shaker table sifting and see what comes up. Plus I have someone that wants all the cobalt I can get my hands on.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Short hunt this morning at a new spot. 4Q,8D,1N,37P and a aluminum 12 inch x 1/4 inch lid to something. Tossed it in my scrap bin. Anyone finding anything??

bottlediger

Reaction score

went out yesterday, must have found a 20x20 area where there was some kind of coin toss game...Pulled just under 10 dollars in clad and only hit about 40% of it. So many coins the detector was having a hard time pinpointing! There were mostly quarters and dimes, a few pennies and nickles here and there. Ill go back after it rains, looks like swiss cheese right now

Ryan

ironmountain

Reaction score

nice score bottlediger...only bad thing about a score like that is the pain in the butt of having to bend over or kneel every 5 seconds.

haven't been out much digger...yesterday it was raining most of the day. Today it's 60's but windy. Might go out in a bit. Wife and daughter are near green bay today for daughter's soccer game so I'll have some quiet time.

Stocked up on batteries the other day. 9 volts aplenty for the trip up to Houghton so daughter and I can go crazy at the farm.

Still working on pics of all of the stuff I need to clear out of the basement. Was going to start with the books. Have 3-4 laundry baskets full, plus 1940 full set of book of knowledge with 4appendix books. I thought it was pretty common, but there's a site where they actually sell some of these sets for 500+. might see if they're in the market. Plus some 1800's-early 1900's first editions of popular at the time books. First Edition of Roots. First Edition of James Beard's book etc..

and all of the stuff "organized" in the basement... I call it organized, wife calls it "all of this s***"...

might just skip that and go MD instead. First I have to call the insurance co. and see if they'll do a special case/circumstance for the facility I need to go to. 40k (81k w/o insurance) .

GL and HH if you get out.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Just a few more today. 1q,2d,30p and some old copper tag stamped with numbers. I did find one more Warrior dash medal today. One older Canadian penny--1945. probably do some digging and sifting tomorrow morning and then a bit of detecting.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator