Some more broken flasks and a couple whole ones

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Doug,

Nice score! I too have only dug shards, but have several historical flasks that were bought or gifted. Went for the first time today to a 1870-ish very large house property and got skunked in Warren, PA with Joe the Crow and RedGinger. Will go back. Glad you made out. It's always good to come back after a bad Sunday of digging to enjoy someone else's finds through pictures.

PD

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks guys,even broke I had a great time digging the Shepards! It just gives me hope for the next hole.

Dan,you will find a historical flask soon I am sure.We dig tons of broken ones for every whole one too so don't get discouraged.The pikes peak came out of an upper layer of a pit that had about a dozen,broken ribbed Louisvilles,2 of the Shepards,scrolls,and 2 swirls.It was the only good bottle that survived.Good luck out there.

PennDigger,sounds like you are on to a good site.Stick with it they have to be their somewhere.

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
Do you need an apprentice? I'm in Ohio. You really know what your doing! Great finds.

bent-Twig.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Twig, Thanks. Where are you at in Ohio?Plenty of good digging throughout the state.

idigjars

Reaction score
Great stuff Doug, thank you for sharing the pics with us and good luck digging more. Paul :)

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

Twig, Thanks. Where are you at in Ohio?Plenty of good digging throughout the state.
I'm just North of Ashland and just South of Norwalk. Huron county. You are proof that this state has plenty to offer in bottles. I need to learn how to locate and gain permission to great spots like you find. How do you approach a landowner?

Twig.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks again. I just try to stay in cities,use old maps to locate the oldest houses and knock on the door.I tell them I have a crazy question to ask and then explain what we do honestly and confidently.Confidence is the key in my opinion.If you don't think they should let you it will show.I don't carry literature or pictures with me and try not to make a big deal out of it.Most folks are cool and over half let us dig up their yards.It's nuts! Good luck and feel free to email me with any other questions.Maybe we can get together sometime for a dig.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Those are great finds. What were the two broken swirl bottles like? Did you keep the pieces?

kastoo

Reaction score
Great digs! If I don't get to dig an older privy or a privy at all for that matter I will probably never find anything that old or that good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles