Some New Lewistown Goodies

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Jim

Here is a close-up of the slug plate. While I'm partial to the earlier pony and tall blob bottles, I love a good, rare and colored local tooled crown any day.

B8E79D2D87A24AF69A6D03FC7916A8A4.jpg

Nice local for sure. Yeah I really like the tooled crowns. Around here most of the tooled crowns are much harder to find in good condition then the earlier stuff.

Congrats on a fine looking example!

love that does cup to. Another very rare item out my way![;)]

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Rocky. That is only the second type of Lewistown dose cup I have ever seen. We had one other druggist who had them, and I have only seen a few of his. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the Martin one. It makes me wonder how much more cool stuff exists that I do not yet know about. ~Jim

madman

Reaction score
yo old buddy, nice additions, love the early crown beer and the dose cup nice finds!

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. Good to hear from you, buddy. I love that beer. The thing just glows orange in the light. Lewistown Bottling Works had a huge variety of bottles- hutches, blob beers and tooled crowns. I have about ten different bottles from them, and the amber one is definitely my favorite. ~Jim

Jim

Reaction score
Not much, Mr. SickRick. Just work and more work.

I know, this weather SUXX! I hope it's not an indication of what the next few months are going to be like. It's going to be in the 60s again this coming week, so I'll be able to wash the corrosive road salt junk off of my truck. I despise winter! ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93