Some recent Digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
I dug these yesterday out of some dump fill. They demolished some old houses and I've been digging on the lots while they are empty. Chris Capley

Nl28795.jpg

Attachments

• Nl28795.jpg
    Nl28795.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 47

lexdigger

Reaction score
Here are some I dug from the same lot a couple of weeks ago. Too bad the Bennington Chamber pot was busted! Chris Capley

Jg14024.jpg

Attachments

• Jg14024.jpg
    Jg14024.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 48

lexdigger

Reaction score
Here are some more from the same lot. I dug these a few weeks ago when they first tore down the old houses. The entire lot is dump fill and varies in age depending on where you dig. Chris Capley

Nl30766.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30766.jpg
    Nl30766.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 48

dirtflicker

Reaction score
Nice job Chris......gotta get into some pontils.....they gotta be there...

DF

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey there Chris...I've been following your digs since I first found this forum, and you were digging the big construction site....the one where you found the stone~mason jar...You've been digging alot and have found some great things...way to go. Joe

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yes Craig, the crock has writing a decoration on it. It says McCarthy & Bayles Louisville, Ky. and has a design above and below the writing. The stencil didn't come out real crisp and clear, so it's kind of hard to read.
I appreciate the kind words Joe. That old dump was my first really good bottle digging spot. The one I'm digging in now is on construction as well and is turning out to be about as good! I'm still searching for that illusive pontilled privy full of intact bottles! LOL One of these days I'm gonna get some Really good ones! Chris Capley

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday