some TOC stuff

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brains

Reaction score
Here's some TOC stuff i've been finding at a dump i just recently started digging. It's mostly post 1900... but with a few older things mixed in here and there. It's a fun dump to dig... got some nice age to it, it's not trespassing, and there's a river about 30 feet away from the hole i'm digging, so you can throw all the ABM junk in it.

Of notable interest in this picture: A fellows hypophosphites that's sort of a nice blue aqua with a round lip. I found a newer looking aqua tooled lip one the other day... so now i guess i have a set of them.
There's an old corroded .30-30 case in there if you like that sort of thing-
That clear soda looking bottle is a straight side coke with a tooled crown, but i think it's just a soda water or syrup bottle?
A Dr. Jayne's Balsam, which i don't know how i didn't break when i found it as i wan mostly interested in getting it out of the way when i saw it-
And my favorite, a local Pharmacy bottle from Granville...which i was, "super excited" to have found.

5FBDA072DF284AE4A84ED0F2B10E5F27.jpg

Attachments

• 5FBDA072DF284AE4A84ED0F2B10E5F27.jpg
    5FBDA072DF284AE4A84ED0F2B10E5F27.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 48

Brains

Reaction score
Here's a closer, still grainy picture of the pharm bottle... it's got a cute little heart embossed on it!
..also in the first picture is a shard of an early purple hemingray insulator that might be of some interest to some people.

C22CB0805D8043A798E462AB0809B068.jpg

Attachments

• C22CB0805D8043A798E462AB0809B068.jpg
    C22CB0805D8043A798E462AB0809B068.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 44

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey brains, nice digs! I am also a fan of the pharmacy bottle, pharms are my favorite kind of bottle. Nice coke too; saw one of those in a shop recently for 32 bucks. Digging for free is a far better deal though!

I recently found an old (1880s-90s) ash dump in Columbus along the river which was exposed by a drainage sewer washout. Cut it down pretty deep. Haven't dug in it yet though. Would you like to go dig it with me sometime?

Brains

Reaction score
i did come across a drainage pipe washout recently... (well... more like sometime last winter) but i haven't been keeping up on the latest and greatest sewer washouts, so i've probably never seen this one before.

Sure, if you wanted someone else to go dig with you i'd be down, i'm usually not busy, so about any time is fine for me... except mondays.

This dump has produced a lot of different SS cokes, i've only found this one, a cracked amber one, and a million pieces of amber ones, but the guy digging the other end of the dump seems to have been finding a lot of aqua ones and some early hobble skirts. I'm hoping i can find an old hobble skirt...

BillinMo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Brains

..also in the first picture is a shard of an early purple hemingray insulator that might be of some interest to some people.

Heck, yeah, that's of interest! [:D] Any chance we can see a close-up of it?

Did you dig the Muncie and the threadless there, too?

Brains

Reaction score
sure bill, i can probably take a better picture tomorrow- it's just a little piece but it was so cool to find even a piece of one of those.

The threadless and the muncies are actually from different places- i have too much stuff so i just keep it outside in random places and some of it got in the pictures. One of the threadless chunks came off the little miami line, the other came from the Cincinnati and Muskingum valley line in a creek along a bike path in washington court house... for anyone who happens to find themselves in washington courthouse. I have yet to find a whole one yet, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster