Spanish Translation/Identification

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Linda B.

Reaction score
7 1/4" clear bottle (excluding old internal residue). On the left side is embossed "SALUD" and on the right side is "HIPOFOSFITOS". The front of the bottle is embossed with what looks like a candle bottle!. On the base I think reads HIPOFOSFITOS horizontally, MARCA vertically on the left, and above the 'flame' of the candle is SALUD in an arc, and what would possibly be the 'flames' embossed in a large arc above the shoulders of the candle bottle. Are you completely confused now????
Seams appear to stop about 1" from the very top of the lip.
I have searched "Google" and have asked a friend from Colombia without any luck translating or finding info on the bottle.
Is there anyone out there that can help with this?
THANKS MUCH.
Linda B.

Vt56849.jpg

Attachments

• Vt56849.jpg
    Vt56849.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 74

diggerjeff

Reaction score
HIPOFOSFITOS does not translate. marca translates to mark salud translates to health.
a guess for hipofositos would be phosphates .just a guess.
is that a candle or a lighthouse with a cross on top??
we need to see the bottom!!

diggerjeff

Reaction score
by the way if anyone needs a translation tool, there is a good free one on the google home page. it is just to the right of the search bar!!

Linda B.

Reaction score
Definitely a candle, with ribbon on each side of base (?). Bottom is plain and simple, no embossing. Hope this additional picture helps.
Thanks for the translation tip.
LB

Sq46037.jpg

diggerjeff

Reaction score
im sorry i cant tell you more about your bottle. i am not familiar with spanish or so american bottles. if that bottle were made in the us it would be an 1880's bottle.

medbottle

Reaction score
Hello. I work for a pharmaceutical firm, and one of my fellow employees speaks fluent Spanish. Hipofosfitos translates to hypophosphites. I often see this term associated with bottles that contained cod liver oil, such as Wyeth's Cod Liver Oil with Hypophosphites and Humphrey's Syrup of Hypophosphites. (I'm guessing that the syrup was actually cod liver oil [:'(] )

IRISH

Reaction score
That's a nice bottle Linda B [:)] , can't say I've ever seen a bottle with Spanish embossed on it.
Anyone know of any collectors/diggers from Spain or that part of the world ?

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi All...

Actually, the earlier issues of the Dr. J.G.B. Siegert bitters are embossed with "...& Hijos" (& Sons), a fairly common little bitters bottle...

Ron

Linda B.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the information ..... I have found this forum to be exceptionally beneficial. No doubt I'll have more questions for all you 'perts.

Thanks again,
Linda B.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen