SPEAS VINEGARS on eBay

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey all, I just listed a Speas Vinegars on eBay. It's item#6158712972. It's the very first bottle/jar that I have listed 'cause, it's the first I've dug that may actually be worth somthig (that I'm willing to sell anyway). Take a look...THANKS

glopf43

Reaction score
Hello Tom, no it did not get broken. I stopped the auction because it started to feel as if I were about to sell one of my own kids (not that I wouldn't think of it once in a while for enough $). I dug this Speas myself and as I sat there looking at it about 36 hrs before the auction was to end I thought, "wow, that's a NICE jar. I WANT TO KEEP IT!". So I now have it displayed at my place to love and enjoy. I guess I'll sell the next one I dig up...Thanks for your intrest

Bottleman

Reaction score
Don't worry, your not the only one who has ended a listing early because of that reason. I have listed a few bottles and after looking at the auctions i thought to my self, why am i selling such a nice bottle, i think i am just going to keep it for my collection.

~~Tom

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Thanks to you, I've realized that a bottle that I found (looks like yours, but has Speas Company) embossed on the shoulder just last weekend in the Smokehouse may be somewhat valuable. I would never have known that it was worth anything except for this forum (or Ebay). I went back in yesterday and found an older White House Flask (one quart). This is getting fun!

-John

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey John, Is there anyway you might be able to post a photo or two. We all love to share.[8D] I'd like to see the White House you got. It is fun to find bottles and even more fun to dig 'em up![:D] Here's a photo of my Speas just after the ground let it go. A Speas just like mine recently sold for $30 on eBay.

Us54119.jpg

Attachments

• Us54119.jpg
    Us54119.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 100

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Gary,

Yes, I'll see if I can get them up tomorrow. I've got a 1 Quart Speas exactly like yours (found on a shelf with a Zinc Top), and a 1 Quart White House Flask (with label and top).
I need to clean out the Smoke House, a shed behind it, the barn, and dig around 2 trash dumps on the property. I'm looking for someone to help me dig through the farm the first full week of April (I'll be out that week). I have looked around briefly in the barn, and have seen milk bottles, vintage mason jars from the 30's and after, vinegar bottles (few), and some soda bottles (odd named companies). I am interested in excavating the site in order to sell what we find, and am willing to split the profit 50/50 (except for the stuff I've already found). I would like someone to help me that would be able to sell these bottles at a Bottle Show somewhere...
-John in Augusta, GA

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28