Spring 2006 dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Been raining here for a couple of days,bit of water in the basement, at least the rain melted the snow, although the grounds still frozen.Rain let up and I just had to get out for a walk.
Went down to the creek and it was pretty flooded, good thing about floods they tend to wash away and open up old dumps.Anyway looks like I found the first spring dump to dig.
I kinda knew about this one but had only scratched around, problem is they built homes on the field above the creek, & pushed all the new dump (40's - 60's) on top of any old dump (circa 1900).
There must be a couple of 100 broken insulators,now and again you find a whole one, a few old cars, toleware, screw tops & cork tops, a real mix.
Going to have to move a lot of bricks & concrete.
Good thing is its only a short walk from the house, anyway here's some pics...

Us53438.jpg

Attachments

• Us53438.jpg
    Us53438.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 52

madpaddla

Reaction score
OH DAVE:

There ya go. You've gone and done it now. Just thinking of kayaking for bottles. Checking those banks (MIHAI: you checkin this out) Great pics. Hope the dig goes well.
Madpaddla

Bixel

Reaction score
A dump with insulators, I think I need to come for a dig!!!!!! As a bonus, I do live in Ontario too!

Thanks,
Kyle

swizzle

Reaction score
I love dump pics. Espesially before during and after pics. Great pics, now lets see some bottles being rescued from the earth. Jason

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for the input, Kyle I don't know whether Tallboy143 would want you there, I've got a feeling he wants them all for himself.
Last threadless I found he got it for 1 third the asking price, although maybe somebody else interested would drive up the price.
When I find more I guess I should put them on ebay, that gives all of you the same chance mmmmmmmm.
Hey Ben, you gotta get the boat in the water, perfect season for it.
Hey swizzle, I get em, I post the pics, "no problem mon".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday