Spring Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Hand tooled lips were pretty common up till at least 1910 and later on some bottles.
Bottle manf style is just an indication of age not a guarantee. Your bottle has several clues to age. They should all be considered. One is the company name. You can research that and see what dates it was in business. Another is the phone number. I'm not a phone expert but i didnt think numbers in that form were used until after WWI.
Maybe someone else here can narrow that down.

capsoda

Reaction score
Fruit jars an inferior breed Ha! Fruit jars are the ROYALS of the bottle world! Jus Jokin. I collect a lot of food storage containers and I consider them a seperate group all together. GuntherHess is right about jugs being a subset of bottles, although I do have some rather large large bottles and I know that at least some manufactures were tooling tops, because the Coke- Cola bottler here who is still in busness, used hutches untill 1924. He is also right about the phone numbers.

capsoda

Reaction score
I'd say plain broad sloping collar. Modern plain unembossed go for around $40 here, so I'd guess $100 or more but it's just a guess. Nice peace eather way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776