Starting my bottle display in the barn....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ncbred

Reaction score
Been along time coming but I'm finally putting up some shelves to display my collection. Here are a few pics. Just stuck a bunch of bottles up there to see how it looked for the time being. I'm open for suggestions because I'm not 100% sure on how I'm going to finish them.

Simple. Used 2x4's for the shelves and steel corner brackets for the barackets to hold them up. I plan on putting another 2X4 over the top row and run a couple more 2X4's up the sides to enclose it.

display1d.jpg

Another look...

display2a.jpg

Side view...

display3s.jpg

The brackets I'm using...

bracket1.jpg

The floor is concrete so I'm not sure what to do to prevent falling bottles. I was thinking about running fishing line across them as its about a 4ft drop from the bottom shelf.

The few advertising items I have...

ad1w.jpg

ad2b.jpg

ad3b.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
When we were kids,I had a set up like your first pic. Then we got BB guns.I liked bottles back then but I liked shooting them also
I hope there were no rare ones in the mix.[8D]
"Nice set up"

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
ncbred ~

Nice collection.

I was in the home of a collector once and he had a set up similar to yours, but he also had thin strips of plexiglass (about four feet long by about three inches wide) that he secured at intervals along the front of each shelf. Which secured the bottles in place, but at the same time allowed the labels to be seen through the plexiglass. It looked real easy to do, but I'm not sure if he cut the plexiglass strips himself or purchased them that way. All I know is that it looked fantastic and is something I may do myself one of these days.

SPBOB

bottleopop

Reaction score
ncbred -

Very nice looking collection and display!

The fishing line might be good. I would worry a bit that putting another bottle in or taking one out might cause the fishing line to make another bottle jump off.

Another thing to consider is museum putty. It is transparent and colorless and if you want you can roll it right off the glass with a finger. You might need to finish the top of each 2x4 though since museum putty is made for hard surfaces. Search for "museum putty" in a search engine. I saw a few brands and suppliers.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Going to look like a collectors barn, for sure. No railing or wire/string to hold them in makes me nervous tho... Hope that you get something to hold them in on there soon. Either that or have very soft flooring.

madman

Reaction score
hey dustin very nice ya need one more bracket in the middle of your 2xs so they dont sag, again very cool

ncbred

Reaction score
Here is what I've done today so far. Put all of my embossed soda's up there. Most of these are from NC. The 2nd shelf from the bottom is all Mint Cola's. I put a nail in the middle of each shelf through a stud so it wouldn't eventually sag. Should I add a bracket there too?

1007157.jpg

Fishing line wasn't working because it stretched to much so I ran some 20 guage craft wire from side to side. Didn't have enough to cover the Mint Cola's. Bob, the plexiglass idea sounds good and I might eventually try that.

ncbred

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide