Starting over.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Hey Bill, we never got to Dig together over in Maysville or here in Lex!!! The offer still stands if you ever make it back this way. Don't sweat the bottles... they will come and go. At least you got the price you wanted and gained something from it. I'd bet that if you search around down there Long enough that you will find some Digs! I know some guys down in Florida dig some Nice stuff! What area are you in now? Don't be a stranger and keep in touch!

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Chris ! Hope every things going well with you. Yes I wish we would have gotten that chance to dig but that's the way it go's some times. I'm in St. Petersburg on the beautiful gulf coast of Sunny Florida. If you ever find yourself this way give me a holler. I don't have a digging spot but I've got a boat and lot of great fishing water be it salt or freshwater. Like you said I'm sure some place to dig will show up. I do have to say I'm not missing the weather there .Its a chilly 51 this morning but will warm up to the high 60s low 70 by mid afternoon. again I hope all is well with you and yours . Bill

sweetrelease

Reaction score
dollarbill said:
Hey all . I've had a little trouble trying to post but that seems to be fixed now. I started this post with the heading starting over because just at the end of 2013 I sold my collection . So here I go starting over. I went last weekend and picked up Red Matthews and he and I went to the St. Petersburg bottle show. He's a great guy with bondless knowledge of glass making and it was a pleasure to make his aquatints . Nice show it was to .Dummy me forgot my camera though. It was funny that I saw about a 1/3 of my old collection spread out amongst 5 or 6 of the collectors at the show also. Any way here's a few bottles I picked up to start me up again. I'm sure I'll be doing more buying than digging sense I've moved down south. Just not as many places to dig for me now. First is a shot of three of my recent buys. A. Miller case gin, next a pontiled mustard embossed Kentucky, then Nau's Remedy. Thanks for looking and good luck digging and finding all. Well it seem I still can't post pictures yet I'll work on it sorry . Bill
hi bill I know how you feel. I went through a divorce in 2010 and I tried to hold on to my collection but anyone that has been through a divorce will tell you that the "money" goes quickly and so you start to sell things that mean a lot to you, to pay the bills. looking back I wish I keep my bottles but what's done is done. I'm just now like you starting to rebuild my collection one bottle at a time. good luck with your "rebuild" ~matt~

lexdigger

Reaction score
Doing great Bill. Not sure about your area, but I do know for sure of some privy diggers down that way. From what I hear, the probing and digging is Easy! Pits are usually shallow and some can be old. I'm sure you will be posting some killer finds before too long. We are hoping to get out some this spring.

Big Mike

Reaction score
Hey soaking up the sun while we shovel snow Good to know you still above ground You still have same phone number Got several spots here in ky to open up and they all should be good Don't forget big show in Aug 1-2-3 at Lexington My number still the same Give me a yell Take care and don't catch all the fish

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Mike doing well I hope. I've been getting those snow reports regularly from my friends in Maysville. Glad I moved its been mostly sunny here with just a few cool day. A little cool this morning at 61 degrees . Going to hit the water this week end in search of some finned creatures in fact. As far as the show I'm hoping to make it that way but can't say for sure. You take care an dig them bottle my friend. Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen