State of the Union Address

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
I highly recommend we all read "The 5000 year leap" principles of freedom 101 by W.Cleon Skousen

It will be hard to change ones thought but its a real eye opener for the beginner.
Our schools have failed us.

Aloha, Rocky

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

I NOTICE MOST ALL AGREE ON THESE THINGS PRETTY MUCH NOW. COURSE THAT IS KINDS LIKE TALKING TO YOURSELF. I DISAGREE WITH MOST SAID,BUT THAT AIN'T NEW. WHAT IS AS FOR ME IS I AM GOING ELSE WHERE ASTHIS IS A WASTE OF TIME,SO KEEP ON TALKING TO YOURSELVES,TELLING EACH OTHER HOW RIGHT YOU ARE TO EACH OTHER,BUT FOR ONCE,JUST ONCE WHEN IT ALL GOES TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET HAVE THE BALLS TO KNOW FOR ONCE YOU OWN IT! SO LONG!!![&:] JAMIE

As I said in my first statement I was actually with Obama on the majority of the ideas he put forth in his speech. Yet he is still a politician who has proven that he isn't as good as his word on everything the promises, so I will wait and see. As for the speech itself, it was basically a Democrat dog and pony show where the one side continued to act like the "We were elected majority and thus we rule the roost, so shut up" morons that they have been acting like since they got into office. I don't fault Obama for that, but I did find it strange that he just brow beat the Republicans most of the time, as Pelosi grimaces, and Biden gave himself a self inflicted concussion. If you can't laugh at these people, all of them, then you will go insane my friend.

Since you decided to strike first I'll say this. The first time you actually put forth something that is critical of the President, I will be stunned. Otherwise all you ever come up with is Obama is great and is going to give us free healthcare cheerleading, Bush lied and handed out no bid contracts, or Reagan sent all the factories overseas, and frankly I find that very boring. So go start yourself an Obama Cheerleading thread where you can read stuff that matches your mindset.

The reason that most do agree on these things now is that Obama has turned out to not be the messiah the true believers, like yourself, made him out to be. He is just a man, and we understand that he is capible of getting sidetracked his agenda. I don't really fault him for what most politicians do; however, I won't applaude him for it either. I really hope that he changes things and refocuses on what we need right now instead of his pet projects, which he seems to have promised in his speech. We shall see. I still wish that at some point he would stop using Bush as a scapegoat, and just fix the problems, even liberals point that out now. Get a new speech Obama, please.

suzanne

Reaction score
In my humble opinion the various job bills and incentives cannot sustain lasting recovery. The jobs being created are government jobs that we the taxpayers must fund. The US needs in a big way to bring back manufacturing. We desperately need to buy American. That means if a Toyota is made in America we need to buy that particular Toyota rather than a Chevrolet made in Mexico. We need to keep letting politicians know that we want product labeling and id's that designate a products origin, like they now do with produce, so people can make a choice.

China for one gets away with sending us lead toys, cadmium jewelry (toxic heavy metal), Cheap baby furniture that has recent caused many deaths and amputations, because the US doesn't hold them accountable for quality like they do with American companies/ This makes for an unfair playing field in the other teams favor.

Most of the good manufacturing jobs that existed in this area are gone. Now, one by one, the factories that employ mostly illegal aliens and blacks for low wages are leaving too. Population here is half a million. If someone can tell me how anyone can ever pull off a recovery while this insanity continues, please help me out with this.

Obama thinks if everyone works for the government, like with government health care, we can eventually sustain a viable economy. Republicans think high income people should get tax breaks so they can invest in business, and they do - but the business has moved out of the country.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Well said Suzanne ! We must all agree to disagree and find common ground ,easy to say hard to do .
m16.gif

glass man

Reaction score
The reason that most do agree on these things now is that Obama has turned out to not be the messiah the true believers, like yourself, made him out to be.

LIKE MYSELF? YOU MAKING THIS PERSONAL ABOUT ME? NOTHING I HAVE SAID WAS MENTIONED "YOU"! AS FAR AS OBAMA BEING MY "MESSIAH" FOR ME THAT IS A BALD FACED LIE! I HAVE ONE AND ONLY ONE "MESSIAH"!! MY MESSIAH IS JESUS CHRIST!

I DID NOT "STRIKE FIRST" AS FAR AS BEING PERSONAL WITH "YOU" ."YOU" DID! WHY?: YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAIST ME PERSONALLY? IF NOT WHY SAY "YOU"? IS "YOU" JUST A FIGURE OF SPEECH THAT REALLY MEANS "YOU" AS IN ALL OF "YOU" OR ARE YOU TALKING BOUT ME?

NEVER EVER SAY ANY ONE OR ANY BODY IS MY "MESSIAH" FOR ME. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU MEAN BY IT! I DO TAKE THAT VERY PERSONALLY!

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH AS YOU HAVE POINTED OUT YOU DON'T LIKE OTHERS TO DO TO YOU!!

FAIR IS FAIR WITH "YOU" AIN'T IT?[&:] RIGHT? MORBY? WE STILL GOOD FRIENDS AS WE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN! JUST WANTED TO SET YOU STRAIGHT ON SOME THINGS! GOD IS GOOD AIN'T HE? JAMIE

morbious_fod

Reaction score

I NOTICE MOST ALL AGREE ON THESE THINGS PRETTY MUCH NOW. COURSE THAT IS KINDS LIKE TALKING TO YOURSELF. I DISAGREE WITH MOST SAID,BUT THAT AIN'T NEW. WHAT IS AS FOR ME IS I AM GOING ELSE WHERE ASTHIS IS A WASTE OF TIME,SO KEEP ON TALKING TO YOURSELVES,TELLING EACH OTHER HOW RIGHT YOU ARE TO EACH OTHER,BUT FOR ONCE,JUST ONCE WHEN IT ALL GOES TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET HAVE THE BALLS TO KNOW FOR ONCE YOU OWN IT! SO LONG!!! JAMIE

Funny Glassman but the above looks like a personal attack on everyone who was posting on this particular thread. You may not think it was a personal attack, but it very much was. My drill sergeants said the same thing back in boot camp when they told us that military regulations stated that they couldn't cuss one individual recruit, but could cuss out the entire group. I really didn't matter because you still got cussed out. If you dish out the insults, even though they may be the truth, then expect a rebuttel.

As the old saying goes don't throw stones when you are living in a glass house.

LIKE MYSELF? YOU MAKING THIS PERSONAL ABOUT ME? NOTHING I HAVE SAID WAS MENTIONED "YOU"! AS FAR AS OBAMA BEING MY "MESSIAH" FOR ME THAT IS A BALD FACED LIE! I HAVE ONE AND ONLY ONE "MESSIAH"!! MY MESSIAH IS JESUS CHRIST!

I DID NOT "STRIKE FIRST" AS FAR AS BEING PERSONAL WITH "YOU" ."YOU" DID! WHY?: YOU GOT SOMETHING AGAIST ME PERSONALLY? IF NOT WHY SAY "YOU"? IS "YOU" JUST A FIGURE OF SPEECH THAT REALLY MEANS "YOU" AS IN ALL OF "YOU" OR ARE YOU TALKING BOUT ME?

NEVER EVER SAY ANY ONE OR ANY BODY IS MY "MESSIAH" FOR ME. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU MEAN BY IT! I DO TAKE THAT VERY PERSONALLY!

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH AS YOU HAVE POINTED OUT YOU DON'T LIKE OTHERS TO DO TO YOU!!

FAIR IS FAIR WITH "YOU" AIN'T IT? RIGHT? MORBY? WE STILL GOOD FRIENDS AS WE ALWAYS HAVE BEEN! JUST WANTED TO SET YOU STRAIGHT ON SOME THINGS! GOD IS GOOD AIN'T HE? JAMIE

I apologize for questioning your religious beliefs, I didn't think that you would take a metaphor for this Obama mania so personally. Way to overreact there Glassman. As for putting words in your mouth Glassman, I could pull countless occurances where you have stated those exact same points, they are your basic responses to anything, Obama great, Bush bad, Reagan was evil. Snore.

I never stopped being your friend, but that doesn't mean I have to agree or accept passive agressive rants like the one at the beginning of this post without saying something either. You don't want to join the discussion fine, just don't jump in snipe and then expect no one to say anything. If you want a one sided discussion on how great President Obama is then, start a tread for that reason, you've done it before.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Is this thread still going? Goodness gracious, golly jee willickers, what's all the fuusss about?? Won't be another SOTU address till next year.. time to chill out... doesn't it physically hurt your heads to think so much?? [>:]

LC

Reaction score
Hey Morb , what branch of the service were you in to not get cussed out individually . In the army bootcamp I was in I got cussed out singularly every damn day ! Got kicked in the back side on several occassions while demonstrating the art of low crawling too . Matter of fact , my drill sergeant singled me out the very fist day and told me that I was going ot be his own personal SH%$ Bird for the following eight weeks , he sure held to his promise too , boy was I glad to get through that and get out of there .

Lordbud

Reaction score
Obama speak with forked tongue. The demopublicans are not the solution, let's just say...heads they win; tails you lose. Check out that recent burrito supreme court decision allowing corporations to buy and sell elections -- like they've been doing for a while but now it's legal!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday