Stay-Vacation...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
HEY EARL, THOSE ARE SOME KILLER FINDS! THOSE INHALERS ARE NICE! AS WELL AS THE SODAS, I LIKE THE PRIOFF BOTTLE NEAT.

Dansalata

Reaction score
VERY COOL.I LOVE THE ORIENTAL FINDS,WE GET A BIT OF CHINESE HERE IN SAN JOSE , BUT THOSE HAIR DYE BOTTLES ARE WAY COOL. NICE DIGS WTG!!!

808 50th State

Reaction score
Joe: Thanks it always nice going on a venture especially going up in the hills, really beautiful country up there, I was happy just being able to go there, well it's back to work but already planned with my digging partner to go back in a couple of weeks...I gotta put in my request off slip in for that day, I am grateful to have a full-time job but unfortunately my days off always changes and hard to plan on something when you always second guessing your next day off...

Mike: Thanks those soda's are real common, unfortunately did not find those rarer ones or any milks, still trying to figure out what the calcium inhalator was used for and the amber looking pipe...the dump is from around the 1910-1940 era, it was a old pineapple camp way in the mountains...

Danny: Thanks, what I love about these plantation camps from that era they produce a lot of oriental bottles, this particular bottle is quite common but desirable, they come in different tops, slightly different shapes and different colors, they all have the same embossing and TM on the bottom, I not to sure about the TM, some people say it's from a local company T. Machida and some say not, it does not matter to me, it still a beautiful bottle...Tony (Rockbot) might know more about them then me...

aloha Earl.

rockbot

Reaction score
Howzit Earl,
The bottles with the T.M. embossed on the base have been questionable. I have not seen any information to disprove it though.

T.M. stands for T. Machida who was a local proprietor in Down Town Hilo from 1910 to the early 1930's. His Known bottles are embossed on the front with the initials T.M. inside a diamond. The average color is amber with some hard to find yellow-greens and yellow ambers.
The larger one in clear is super rare. These were medicine bottles.

The base embossed T.M.'s date back to 1890's to 1920's with some abm versions in clear. All have kanji on the front and were hair dye bottles. They came in cobalt, aqua green, aqua blue, pale yellow green and clear. Don't know of any clear ones turning SCA.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93