STIR CRAZY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thadhenshaw

Reaction score
IVE BEEN BOTTLE COLLECTING ABOUT 3 MONTHS NOW, I CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT. ALL I THINK ABOUT IS WHERE I CAN GO LOOK.IVE FOUND A COUPLE OLD DUMPS IN THE WOODS BEHIND ARE HOUSE, HAVENT FOUND A LOT BUT ITS FUN LOOKING. IVE FOUND A FEW 1940 COKE BOTTLES IN THE DITCHES ON MY RODE. BUT NOW IVE RUN OUT OF PLACES TO LOOK,AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY.I LIVE IN ROME GA,ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHERE I MIGHT LOOK. THANKS ALL THAD

Wilkie

Reaction score
Hey there Thad. Welcome aboard! Bottle collecting is a fun hobby. I got my start the same way, searching old dumps in the many mining camps around where I grew up. Now, I mostly get my "fix" off of eBay, right here on this bottle forum, and going to bottle shows a couple of times a year. There are a couple of good magazines out there that you can subscribe to. The one I subscribe to is American Bottle and Glass Collector. There are always good articles on digging, lots of pictures, classifieds, and bottle show notices for all around the country. You can subscribe to the magazine at http://www.glswrk-auction.com/

Enjoy the forum and please, post pictures of your finds and ask lots of questions. And please don't be offended, we got a lot of old timers here that like to poke fun at people, but it's all good fun, many get offended easily so I thought I'd warn you just in case. If they poke at you, just poke back.

thadhenshaw

Reaction score
O K THANKS FOR THE INFO,ICAN PUT SOME PICTURES UP BUT PEAPLE WILL LAUG! WHEN YOU FIRST START COLLECTING YOU KEEP EVERYTHING. I KNOW THEASE AINT THAT OLD BUT I DID SEE THAT BROWN BOTTLE ON EBAY FOR 12 DOLLARS.

9983C2D21A704DF8A20EDE96E62B9D17.jpg

Attachments

• 9983C2D21A704DF8A20EDE96E62B9D17.jpg
    9983C2D21A704DF8A20EDE96E62B9D17.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 54

capsoda

Reaction score
No one will laugh because we all did it. That is the way it starts and very few peoples first bottle is a big money bottle. My first was a Clorox.

RedGinger

Reaction score
That's true. Like Cap said, you have to start somewhere. I used to bring home everything I found.

bostaurus

Reaction score
I had about 450 by the time I was 15 years old. Understanding parents but no where to put them(the bottles not the parents). I finally decided to concentrate on only a couple types and sold all but about 100. Still fall off the wagon and get bottles that don't fit in those couple types, but I can always find a way to justify it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter