Storm Damage...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kwalker

Reaction score
Here's a look at what Woodstown got slammed with last weekend...

As you can see, we were pretty unprepared as far as the water goes. There's two lakes in town; East Lake and Memorial Lake. East Lake's dam had a hole put in it years ago because there wasn't much need to have a lake there anymore. It's the Salem River plugged up, then it travels about a mile down until it reaches Memorial Lake. East Lake suffered the worst from it I'd say. The water got underneath the roadbed and literally lifted it off the ground and revealed the original road from the 1920s. The water was over top of the guard rail as can be seen in some pictures (if they work out). The dam held up alright surprisingly. Memorial Lake was pretty fair as well being it repaired. They were planning on draining the lake a small bit before the storm but I guess it was too much work...so in turn the water just went wherever it wanted to. There's houses that had over four feet of water in the basements. Yikes.

D5ADB6ED5F61466B932F1E1E6D982316.jpg

Attachments

• D5ADB6ED5F61466B932F1E1E6D982316.jpg
    D5ADB6ED5F61466B932F1E1E6D982316.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 72

kwalker

Reaction score
Asphalt everywhere. A girl was on the bridge and was washed into the river in her car. While on the phone to 911 she drowned...
hurricane037.jpg

rockbot

Reaction score
Hope things get back to normal soon.
The biggest problem we get from heavy rains is the debris that builds up and forms a damn at the bridges.

sandchip

Reaction score
Unreal. And we can't buy a drop of rain around here.

kwalker

Reaction score
You can have some of the rain we had there [;)] Woodstown got 7 inches within 24 hours which was a huge problem with the old infrastructure around here. The way I see it is for ever inch of rain you get about a two foot rise in water. So in turn, we had a 14 foot rise in the river. You could only get out of town one way of the usual 4 or 5. The national guard was in securing a lot of areas especially around where the girl's car went in. I'm surprised they didn't even have a patrol car outside of the bridge watching over.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese