Strange Green Depression Glass Figural Man Bottle - NEED HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I didn't dig this bottle, I bought it at an auction. This looks like a depression glass era bottle. I have absolutely no information on this bottle and was wondering if anyone out there can help me identify it. It's 8 1/2 inches tall. I'd love to hear everyones speculations! Thanks!

DSC06957.jpg

DSC06958.jpg

DSC06959.jpg

DSC06961.jpg

DSC06962.jpg

Mainely Broken

Reaction score
I'm by no means any kind of expert but would say it looks somewhat like a candy bottle. The length threw me off on thinking that but some are as large as 11 1/4" so it still could be possible. I'm sure others (experts) can help you better than I. Just wanted to say my guess....candy.

David E

Reaction score
For what it is worth, try a black light on that, it will glow
if it was made with Radation salts.
Dave

bottleboy311

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I don't think it is a candy bottle. They did make some large candy bottles but they usually had a screw on lid. There are no threads on this bottle. It could have been a bathroom bottle for bath soap or toliet water, but with the funny man figure I don't think they would sell that type product in it.

A few things about this bottle worry me. The strange thing about this bottle is it looks like the top was applied and the lip is smooth. If it is depression era glass it most likley would not have an applied top. I might be wrong, but usually the figurals with applied tops have ground lips. Also this depression green color glass never surfaced until the 30's. before that it was more apple green. So with this appied top, that was not used much after the 20's, the whole thing is throughing me off. Could have been produced outside of the US. I know they are reproducing figurals in pink depression glass, like the poodle dog. I am not into figurals but I have never seen this figure before. Could it be new?

Lee

card

Reaction score
I have seen this same bottle on eBay. It was listed under antiques and it contained perfume. In fact, it still had over half of the perfume in it. PHEW!!

Card

swizzle

Reaction score
I also saw the same bottle on ebay only it was amber. It was listed as a whiskey decanter and the hat was the shot glass?!? I hope this doesn't help to confuse you any more then its confusing me right now. I think its a cute bottle and definately worthy of a display case. Good luck finding out what it really is. Jason

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
I would also say a Whiskey Decanter . I'd say the shot glass in the form of a top hat .
And it looks to be Vaseline glass to me also..... I'd put it under a blacklight for sure to see if it was or not.

swizzle

Reaction score
I just saw another one on the rubylane site that is emerald green with the top. Another one advertised as a whiskey decanter with a top hat shot glass. I think it was $22. Hope this helps, Jason

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! I just put the bottle under a black light and it does not glow at all. I would post a pic but it would be completely dark. So this is definately not vaseline glass. If it's a repro what would it be a repro of? I'm thinking this is a reciently made bottle now.[:(]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter