Sunday after church dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That's a great bitters! Can't wait to see the other stuff too. There's some of that dangerous digging around here too, though I've never done it!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hmmm,...the saloon spot sounds really promising...Too bad the oldest sections and neighborhoods tend to be in the ghettos. It combines the worst of society with the best of pastimes!...I've experienced it and it's a weird mix. Anyhow, can't say I'm usually a bitters kind of guy, but the Niagra*star, and the John Root bitters, with all of the cool variants and colors could easily change my mind about that. Great find!! I've always kind of wondered if they weren't from the same mold? If not, well they're damn similar.

EE23CF816DF647EDA8D73721DD748D80.jpg

Attachments

• EE23CF816DF647EDA8D73721DD748D80.jpg
    EE23CF816DF647EDA8D73721DD748D80.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 49

herndonbottles

Reaction score
Bill and Nic,

What a way to start out the new year! Congrats. Unbelievable find! I think it's S-182.5 according to the 2003 Auction Price Report book that I have. Perhaps someone else that has the bitters books by Ring or Ham can confirm.

All the other S-182 have no 'S after STEELE. Sounds really rare to me and in yellow olive color it could be worth much more.

Now I really got to get out and dig.

-Peter

druggistnut

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone.
Peter, do you remember meeting my friend Sam from Missouri?
He did tell me about the s after Steele but then he says the book broke it down further, to the embossing of a backwards 1 or a 10 on the base.
I would like to get my books out of storage. Arrrggg
I sent info to John Pastor, to see what he thinks.
Bill

Brian M

Reaction score
Looks like a good spot. I was looking at that area on Google Maps. There are some wide open empty areas around there. Might not be as bad as Digging in Flint. I would like to do some digging on the West side of Bay City this year.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles