Sundays Privy finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Heres a pic of my share of this weekends privy finds. we dug the bottoms of 6 square woodlined pits on a construction site it was in a newer part of town so no pontils this weekend just 1880-1900 era stuff but it was easy digging. I got a nice amber weiss beer and an aqua hutch but my favorite find is the perfect beer mug i've dug thousands of these broken and this is the only whole one i've ever found. i'm going to have it tumbled and plan to use it. I also got a few pips and blob beer stopers and a crucible for melting metal which i thought was kind of neat.

Chris

Ca80974.jpg

Attachments

• Ca80974.jpg
    Ca80974.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Ca80974.jpg
    Ca80974.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 66

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Nice finds Chris! You and your diggin buddies always seem to find some good ones! If I make a trip to Baltimore this summer, will you take me along for a week?[;)] Happy diggin, Kelley

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hi Kelley,

Well we have been due for some good finds we really did pretty bad last year mostly cause there wasn't much new construction and most of our digging is on construction sites. Most of the boreded up houses in the older parts of town have been hit pretty hard and most of the lived in homes have concreat back yards so permission digs are out of the question unless a home owner is planning on redoing there back yard slab. So when theres no good sites to dig we hit the newer parts of town that are of blob age.

Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause