Surprise color in privy dig today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
Me and a fellow digger went on a privy hunt in Roanoke today.After a hour or so we got a permission on a property that looked to date back at least to 1860's. We probed and found 2 privy's and decided to hit the bigger privy which was a 5x4.We took turns and got down about 4 feet and started hitting 1880 era bottles but nothing great just commons.Well, after we hit the 6 foot mark i was in the pit and saw a small bottle lodged in the wall and handed it out the hole.Mike said i cant read the embossing but it has great color.It turned out to be a common bottle in a uncommon color.It is embossed EAU DENTIFRICE DU DOCTEUR PIERRE ALONG WITH SOME TYPE ANIMAL ABOVE THE EMBOSSING.I believe this is a french pharmacy or cologne bottle that i have found before in clear.This one was a dark teal color at the bottom half and gradually turns to a emerald green near the top.I have never seen this type color change in a bottle before.Im not big on bottles not from the U.S.A. but this one has found a place in my bottle cabinet. I will post pictures tomorrow because after 10 hours digging i forgot my camera in my friends truck.If anyone else has seen this type color change in a bottle please post a pic if you can.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau