Surprise From The Ol Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
That broken master ink was a Carter's Cathedral, BTW. Please keep us posted when you get back for more digging!

logueb

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies . It feels good to be digging again. Leon was killing me with all those privy digs and Plumby was giving me the dump digging itch with all those dump finds. I just had to schedule a little digging time. The dump was untouched from my last visit. It's a hard dump to dig. There seems to be a narrow seam of toc trash that runs parallel to the swamp below. If you dig higher or lower, you hit 20's to 30's trash. Right now I'm in an area that was not completely dug. The rust layer is hard as cement. I guess that is why it was left untouched. A slow process once the three feet of dug dirt is removed. Just a good ol place to sling some dirt and occasionally take home a few goodies. Yes we are lucky to have missed all that ice and snow. In the 60's today, 30's yesterday low of 16.Thanks again for looking. Buster

hemihampton

Reaction score
What state do you live in. Sure wish I could dig now. it was 13 below zero Yesterday & we got lots of snow. BUT, I (me & Tom) got at least 6 more Privies lined up for Spring. About a month from now. LEON.

logueb

Reaction score
Here in Central Georgia, we usually have mild winters thanks to the warm air that comes off the Gulf of Mexico. Not as good as Florida, but close. Allows digging most of the winter. Would love to be able to help you dig those privies. Most, if not all the privies down here were usually shallow and dipped often. So, it's dump digging or creek digging. Looking forward to the posts on those privies you have lined up. Buster

sunrunner

Reaction score
good stuff Logueb , live here in Georgia also , just came off a dig to day nice 60 o degrees.

hemihampton

Reaction score
My Mom lives in Huntsville Alabama area. When I go down there to visit at Christmas time, It is usually pretty warm & I dig some dumps. Dug some bar Dumps along Georgia/ Alabama border near Phenix City I think it was called. LEON.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
What kind of shape is the Chero Cola in? That seems to be a different variation than the one with the same script on ebay, the letters of Stillmore are large instead of small.

logueb

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the top is missing on the Stillmore Chero Cola. I kept it to go into the Chero Cola collection. I have many different cities

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie