Taylor's NY Imperial Ale - Stoneware w/ Paper label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Folks -

I picked up a Taylor's Celebrated Imperial Albany Cream Ale bottle and am looking for some info on it, namely I'm trying to pin down the age and approximate value.

The bottle is an 8.25 inch two tone stoneware with paper labels, foil and cork still intact. The upper label reads 'Bottled at the Brewery, Albany, N. Y., Pale Stock, Established 1824'. The lower label reads 'Taylor's Celebrated Imperial Albany Cream Ale' and has a trade mark in the center. In very tiny print around the trade mark it reads '...Entered according to Act of Congress in 1868 by John Taylor's son...'. I found a site with some info about the company at www.allaboutbeer.com/style/imperial_pale_ale.html whcih says that the company was bought out in 1903. I'm guessing this bottle is from 1880-1895 but I'm not sure.

There is a makers mark on the side of the bottle saying that it was made by the Port Dunbar Pottery Co. of Glasgow and there is a W below that info. My searching on the net found that this company made a wide variety of pottery.

Any ideas as to the value of this bottle? I plan to put it on ebay and I'm trying to get a ballpark figure of its worth.

Thanks - Sam

Ec88688.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88688.jpg
    Ec88688.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 62

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Sam-
Great bottle! I like it. Check out this site below and email contacts. They may be able to help you or find someone locally with some input on your bottle. Good luck with your search.

http://www.insulators.com/clubs/crabinc.htm

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1