Thank you, ABN FORUM MEMBERS!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I want to once again remark upon the super kind and generous folks here at Antique-Bottles.net! I was going to do a quiet thank you here and there, for these latest deeds, but let's face, In these times,...even the cops aren't allowing the 5mph 'cushion' that once was....My point being, that even in these toughest of times, the people on here come through with unexpected kindness and generosity. I have to go back a few weeks to properly begin thanking folks.... I will go in cronological order here as these things occured. Let's start with forum member Tim,...(Wangan) He had expressed some interest in a maple syrup bottle that I had posted, and since I wasn't displaying nor collecting these, I sent it to him for shipping,....Well it's sometimes simpler for me to just call it good and see what it comes to when it gets there....So lets just say when Tim sent shipping, he went way above what most folks would expect with some extra cash, and that stayed with me.[:)] Thank you Tim! Also, we've all been surfing around the forum when the little p.m. notice appears,...right? One evening I get a p.m. from John, (Oldihtractor) asking me for a mailing address, because he'd noticed I subcollect blueing bottles and he had some for me! Well okay...Great!...They came today,...A big thank you John....very cool to get some bottles in the mail. Then there's Gary (Mainer1) who happens to dig in a spot where my wonderful wife used to call home, Portsmouth N.H. She has a lot of sentimental attachment to the place, and Gary took it upon himself to send her two nice local druggists from there. Thank you very much Gary! A nice gesture indeed. And then there's our venerable Jason (SWIZZLE!) Hey now this one's just over the top! Swiz sent Laur a ladies leg Whiskey he had dug recently as a kindness,.....Very cool and nice of him....Well,...Laur asked me to open the package and there's TWO bottles,....Hers, and Swiz decided to send me a bottle that he knew from reading the posts, that I've wanted for a long time,....as a surprise....A Moxie nerve food blob top! For whatever reason I've just never had one. Well I do now and it's a beaut. Thank you so vr. much Swiz! I was (and still am) floored. Last but not least, Mike (mdavenport) needed a Wyeth dose cup,....we dug a few at the drugstore dig, so I sent him one,....When he covered the shipping, he too went above and beyond with some cash and a nice note!....Well,...what do you say to all these wondeful acts of kindness? A simple thank you to everybody who has brightened things up for another. This place really is a head and shoulders above anywhere else.
m6.gif

Grampy Green Jeans

Reaction score
Hey Joe...
You reaffirmed what I have been thinking for a while... This is a GREAT group of people on this forum! I have found people on here to be very well educated about our... addiction! I have been a member of other various forums, but it is evident that people on here know their stuff, and if they don't , they find someone on here who does! [;)] There is more history 2 b learned from this forum than most historians will ever know.
Some of the responses, from some random posts, of random artifacts, bottles or other, have been researched by members ( i guess for their own curiosity) and the info then posted here for all to see.

Thank you folks!

P.S. Great random acts of kindness there... refreshing 2 c things like that and step out of the $$$ racket....

epackage

Reaction score
This post really brightened my otherwise gloomy day Joe, nicely written....Jim

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
[:D]You guys are so right,..and while I'm at it, I want to point out that this particular instance is no fluke,....Since I've been a member here it's been this way, with people helping out other members with random acts of kindness. I've recieved a lot of packages from forum members over the years....Lot's of good folks here, and I need to mention Penn Digger and of course Mr. Fred, who, although are digging partners, are also members here, and equally generous...Thanks everyone![:D][:D][:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26