The bottle that started it all!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nammlif

Reaction score
I love the found look..!!..just clean out what you can and leave it...I think tumbling will remove even more of the embossing...Nice bottle..!!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I've seen a tumbled seltzer bottle that was etched. It came out well. (Light tumble for it, of course.)

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello John, I believe your bottles shape is what has been referred to as a Ten Pin, I think after bowling pins, because they have a similar shape. As to tumbling, I think I would leave it, it has great character, and it is something you will remember finding for many years. If you want to tumble it I would recommend LouLambert here in California, he does excellent work. BUT there should be somebody closer to you I would think, but if you want to use Lou here is his website www.oldwestbottles.com Great soda bottle!!.......Andy

botlguy

Reaction score
I would call that a Ten Pin but it has a pedestal base. Or am I seeing things that aren't there? Jim Looking closely at the pictures for the 10th time: I was seeing things. The shadows made it look like a pedestal base. [:eek:]

sunrunner

Reaction score
don't tumble that bottle . you will loos most of the embossing. it's to sand blasted .

glass man

Reaction score
COOL! The bottle that started it all for me was a 1915 coke bottle 41 years ago..needless to say many many oter bottles of all types followed in all those years in between...it has been wonderful!! JAMIE

hemihampton

Reaction score
A heavily sandblasted bottle is hard to tumble. It can be done but will take lots of extra time & can lose more embossing. I'd leave as is. LEON.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
That is a great bottle and I can see why it gave you the "sickness" we all have. As Leon just stated ( and he is speaking from a ton of experience) leave it as it is. Great find.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello, This bottle can be tumbled while covering the embossing during the first tumble. Many tumblers don't cover the embossing at all and you get what you get ! If you want your bottle tumbled contact me and you will get a great job but I do charge more than others but as I stated earlier I cover the embossing and hand remove defects prior to tumbling.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229