The ground was only frozen to 3" - then it's smooth diggin....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Not only do they go together, the numbers on the top tell you when to take the next dose. My wife loves those things.

The glass with the grapes in the bottom is a jelly glass. Jelly was sold in dinner glasses as a bonus. Cool finds Tim. Glad to see you have a little time to dig.

Yooper14

Reaction score
Cap
Interesting about the jelly jar. I wouldn't have guessed that. I was thinking grape juice![8|] How did they cap it or attach a lid - or was it just a "fresh air" serving of jelly?

Yooper14

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Boy - what did we do before the internet and forums? I guess thats what bottle clubs are all about, eh?

Jim

Reaction score
Nice finds, Tim. The Vapo-Cresolenes came in both mold-blown and ABM. Even though they are common, I still like Vapo-Cresolene bottles. There's nothing else quite like them and it is fun to collect the different sizes, variations and colors. ~Jim

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Tim, The lids snaped on like just like the ones they have today. You pry them off with a spoon. check the out the next time you go in a grocery store. Kind nice that somes things never change.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28