THE NEVER-ENDING STORY GAME

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
~ The Never-ending Story Game ~

The idea for this game resulted from the expressed opinions of others who are interested in participating. The format is a simple one that can be a lot of fun to play. It is a sort of spin-off from a similar thread called “The Two Word Game.†But in this case, instead of using just two words, participants are asked to post a full sentence.

Ideally it would work best if all participants would make contributions maintaining the main theme of the story, as opposed to going off on unrelated tangents. No doubt it will get slightly side-tracked from time to time, but that would be allowed and easily put back on track by the creative efforts of those involved.

It could also occur that we may want to conclude one story at some given point and start a new one. Which is perfectly fine, and will add some variety to the thread. But since this is a bottle related website, I suggest we stick with that particular topic for whatever stories we come up with.

Following is an example of how it would work best. Please note that the 1st Person - 2nd Person inclusions used here are for example purposes only and would not be necessary to include with each and every reply.

{ Example Title For First Story }

“The Great Bottle Hunting Storyâ€

1st Person … Some friends and I went on a bottle hunting trip a while back.
2nd Person …It was a warm, sunny day and everyone was excited.
3rd Person …We all met at a local café for breakfast first and to discuss the day’s plans.
4th Person… I suggested we go to an old farm site I knew of where the dump had never been dug before.
5th Person … ???

I suppose the only way to see if this sort of game will work or not is to give it a try and see what happens. If it’s a success, great! If not and it flops, then so be it. But the idea is to be as creative as possible and have fun.

Humor is welcomed and encouraged. Such as …

10th Person … I was sure the area I was digging in would produce some good bottles.
11th Person… That is until I hit a pocket of rusty hubcaps that literally kept falling apart in my hands.

Here goes. Hopefully this will lead into a fun game for all.

SODAPOPBOB

[:)]

Some friends and I went on a bottle hunting trip a while back.

Dugout

Reaction score
Charlie brought his chuckles, while Rick brought his pick and Joe took his crow, and Surf took some pictures.

epackage

Reaction score
I drove us all in my old school bus to our special Privy spot..

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
where we hit the privy of all privy's! 7 foot wide and who knows how deep? But we know its a privy,my 15 foot probe told me so.[:D]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I apologize for this interruption, but I just wanted to chime in real quick and acknowledge that the preceeding post are exactly the sort of replies I was hoping for. Thanks. And as a suggestion for future post let's rememember we are on a week long camping trip - have plenty of food and beer - and are traveling together in an old school bus - and have hit upon the glory hole dig of all time.

Sounds like fun to me! [:D]

Please keep it going.

Thanks,

SPBOB

Dugout

Reaction score
We jumped out and started digging.

Wangan

Reaction score
Then Joe the Crow,with his eye for shiny things,hollers,"HolyCow!Look at this!"

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Were digging in the back yard (it's like a jungle really over grown.. down about 6 feet.. Tripod set up.. dirt flyin buckets pullin..( The talk of pontils and bitters dancing in our heads) I am on the rope pulling buckets.. Rick is in the hole grovin to the Greatful dead on his ipod.. Were hoping the neighbors don't get pissed off.. Next thing.. we here.. from the other side of the bushes Hey boys whats going on over there.... Peeking thru the bushes.. I say quietly dam boys it's the men in BLUE..

Wangan

Reaction score
~ The Never-ending Story Game ~

But in this case, instead of using just two words, participants are asked to post a full sentence.

{ Example Title For First Story }

1st Person … Some friends and I went on a bottle hunting trip a while back.
2nd Person …It was a warm, sunny day and everyone was excited.
3rd Person …We all met at a local café for breakfast first and to discuss the day’s plans.
4th Person… I suggested we go to an old farm site I knew of where the dump had never been dug before.
5th Person … ???

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause