THE NEVER-ENDING STORY GAME

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
The crow ends up flying into the cook tent where I almost clobber it with a Coleman lantern until I realize it's that dang squaking bird of Joe's that he is so fond of. [:D]

Dugout

Reaction score
Charlie pipes up and says "Boy am I glad I left Alice home or you guys would have her in the stew pot."

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
But not distressed for long,since we knew it was a huge privy and would take days to dig maybe weeks,we all decided to celebrate and drink some beer! The privy wasn't going anywhere,it has been there for 150 years,who know's maybe 200.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
what the problem is going to be is----- we don't know when the other people are typing and it messed up my part! [8D]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Author's Note :

No biggie! We'll just stumble along and do the best we can. Besides, by the time we pop open a couple of those beers no one will know what's going on anyway.

(Continued)

I'm hiding out in the tent sipping on a cool one because I don't want anybody to discover that I don't know exactly how a sifting machine works, and I am too afraid to admit my ignorance. [:-]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
(here's a trick I learned.. compose your message, but before you submit it, go back and refresh the screen to see if anyone got in there beforehand.. if not, post it quick.. if so, modify it)

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I'm testing cyberdigger's suggestion. It's a great idea! But I'm not sure if "refresh" and "preview" are the same thing. ???

Here goes ...

(Continued)

I hear some comotion outside and poke my head out of the tent just in time to see the sifting machine being unloaded.

(Edit)

It seemed to work this time. Plus I get this crazy e-mail "notifier" that pops up on the screen and let's me know when I get a message. But I realize that is because I have "IncrediMail" that I pay a yearly fee for. But before that I used to have a "beep sound only" e-mail alert.

Thanks Cyber.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
(Not the same.. preview only shows you how your post will look.. I'm saying to click on the big screen again behind the post window and reload the page, using your web browser, which will show any new posts you hadn't seen since clicking "reply")

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Cyber ~

Thanks. I got it figured out now, and hope that others do as well. But if one of us messes up from time to time, it's no big deal and we'll just have to connect the dots (flow of the thread) as best we can.

(Continued)

I walk over to the truck where the sifting machine is being unloaded and start passing out beer, but not to the "operator" of the machine, whoever that ends up being ... not me! [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson