The one that got away

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

druggistnut

Reaction score
It took me a long time to understand advice I had been given years ago, and have it sink in.
Put aside money for the purchase of bottles, exclusively. Buy the very BEST bottle for your collection that you can afford, instead of a lot of lower end bottles that fit the category.
I passed on a couple colored hutches and colored pictured druggists from Michigan, early on, (I THOUGHT they were too high), and have never seen another like those. Who knows if I will?
The lower end bottles for my collection just keep coming.
Like the rest of you, it will stick with me.
Bill

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
About 2 months decided not to look at the yard sale section of the paper because there hasn't been a good garage sale lately. When the weekend was over I decided to take a look at what I missed expecting that there was nothing of my interest.To my surpise one of the yard sales specificly mentioned local milks and sodas[:mad:]. I was in a bad mood for the rest of the day. I still have the ad so I can to visit them, But they could have sold every last one of their local bottles. Now I know to look at the yard sales every weekend to make sure I don't miss out again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday