The Soda Fizz?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Yes, as Dennis said, I had surgery again about a month ago. Seems my shoulder "exploded" which I found meant everything came apart. It's healing and I am working on getting back to normal, whatever that is. I have also tried for months to get Marc. I've left so many messages on his machine I felt I was stalking him. Also emails, with no answers. I dunno what has happened, but we've missed communications. I have the rest of the book ready to lay out (put together), just need the bottles, descriptions, photo credits, etc., which he has. Then I can put everyting together. That's the first problem. Second problem is the funds to print. Up to now, we have about half the money to do printing costs (according to my lowest quote). I had thought, if I could get the book together, I'd borrow the rest and pay back from after-printing sales. Whatever it takes, I will get the book done. I am welcome to any help needed, but please before you jump in, remember I have pre-sold this book to raise money for printing and it is a PSBCA endeavor. Also, the book is not laid-out, which will have to be done. That's where I come in. My arm works well enough to do layout, if I had the bottles. So, don't give up on me yet.

Hanging in there,
K

PS. The Soda Fizz will resume in a month or so. Be looking for it.

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing. Marc has the bottles, descriptions and photo credits. I have the rest. Of course, the bottles are the main section of the book, but it will include other information as well as the usual sections of a book, forward, acknowledgements. What Marc has is a spead-sheet of all the data to match bottle photos. There is no book layout to that, so the book is not really "technically" ready-to-go. It is ready for me to lay out what Marc has assembled. He offered to coordinate all the photos, to keep duplicate efforts from happening, along with rarity assignment, description and kept up with who contributed what photos. When Marc says it is ready, he means it is ready to go to me for layout. So dont' get so excited - yet - There's still a bit of work to do before going to printer.

As for those of you who have paid for a book - the funds are here, every penny. Each of you who prepaid for a book will receive an extra book for your support and patience during the past year (worst of my life). I had meanat for it to be a surprise, but didn't intend for it to go this long either. So, if you paid for one - you'll get two. Some of you paid for two, you'll get three, etc. The extra book, you can use as gift to a friend or sell to compensate yourself for yours. It's my way of saying thank you. After printing orders will be not include the extra book.

Sorry to have been "silent" for a while. After six years tied to a computer to do two magazines and the other various publications, it was time for a break. It came in a way I would have never wanted, but nonetheless, it came. It's past, and nothing can change what has happened. For those of you who do not know, since August of last year (2008), I have been hospitalized six times, had three surgeries and two strokes. That I can sit here and type this message is a blessing to me and something I've worked hard towards. I have never forgotten I had a book to do, even when I couldn't speak or feed myself. I never gave up on me, and ask you not to give up on me now either. I guess I'll have to pick a day and call Marc every hour on the hour until I reach him. Last I heard from him was that he had everything ready for me but had a question first, about what, he didn't say. But we'll get this thing done as soon as I can put the things together. If you sent an email, and I didn't answer, I am not on computer as much as before. That will change soon, as it willl be back to the grindstone, putting out Fizzes and books (I have already started Bill Baab's second Augusta bottle book).

Thanks for your support and understanding,
K

bottlingco

Reaction score
Kathy,
I am glad to hear you are doing better. I would like you to make a correction here on this site concerning how many times you stated that you have called and left messages on my machine. I always have and always will return all legitimate phone calls. It is important because this is a format that is viewed by people all over the world. I am not an irresponsible person and never will be. Check your e-mail box and get back to me. I will not be home tonight, but will be home all weekend. Marc

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Marc, I have left several messages and even Stanley called at different times than I could. Never got a reply back, nor a return email to answer my inquiry about when was a good time to call. Unless I have the wrong number for you and have been leaving someone else a message, I don't know what else to say. If you haven't gotten the messages, then obviously I have the wrong number. I cant' check anything because my computer is down and at the shop (went down immediately after leaving the message above). Having a friend leave this message for me after I asked him to check to see if there were any replies to my comment.....

Hope to be back online soon.

K.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i'd like to preorder the book also. do i just send the funds to the address at the web site ? and ask for what addition ? info please... thanks

bottlingco

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: thesodafizz

Marc, I have left several messages and even Stanley called at different times than I could. Never got a reply back, nor a return email to answer my inquiry about when was a good time to call. Unless I have the wrong number for you and have been leaving someone else a message, I don't know what else to say. If you haven't gotten the messages, then obviously I have the wrong number. I cant' check anything because my computer is down and at the shop (went down immediately after leaving the message above). Having a friend leave this message for me after I asked him to check to see if there were any replies to my comment.....

Hope to be back online soon.

K.
Please leave my name out of future excuses. My phone works fine, right Pat? My e-mail works fine, right Matt?

thesodafizz

Reaction score
My pc is still at shop. Usihng Hubby's work laptop to leave post. A message waa leftvyesterday with your son (?) but no return call was made.

I don't understand why no one returns my calls, but I end up being the bad guy somehow, If you have decided you want to dio the book and leave me out - fine - just come out and say so.

K

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hopefully good news - she was last logged onto the site on 6/10/10.

Ok - nevermind - that didn't make sense. Apparently I thought this was a different subject.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem