Things to do when winter is upon us.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I know you all are pulling my leg!! I bet you all sit down with a nice Old Milwaukee's Best at room temperature!!![:'(]

Wayne

I'm stocking up for the Bottle Show!!!!!!!

capsoda

Reaction score
Milwaukee's Best is a car parts cleaning solution isn't it.[&:] A Marine will drink anything, I know I worked with some.[;)]

I tryed Sam Adams before too. Its ok but it aint no Mic.[sm=lol.gif]

walkingstick

Reaction score
An advantage of winter ...

Gathering data for potential spots for bottles.

The city of Bemidji was incorporated in 1898 built up around the area where the old train station is and ya know folks lived here long before Bemidji became a city.

I talked to one of the locals who's family has lived in this area for a few generations.
I learned from him that the old train station and the surrounding area is being tore up to build a shopping center. I think that I will be hanging around that area for at least the time that the ground is being tore up. It is the oldest part of town.

He also gave me information about the aquaduct that used to carry logs from Lake Itasca area (The source of the Mississippi River) to the town of Bemidji where they were floated to the saw mill, which was located just a few hundred yards from where I am now and is uninhabited and barren. I remember walking back there this past fall and seeing a piece of a saw blade in that area... huge!!!

I think I will be hanging around the county historical museum and research center for part of this winter. They are supposed to have a collection of old maps available for use. I think I will use them as an mental overlay and draw a lot over my own maps.

I am hopeful that the possibilities are good in these areas since folks lived here long before it was a city and logging was the only major industry in the area besides fishing and winter sports. I reckon I will have to check it out.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wil, Just thought I'd send you a picture of some bare ground to help you remember what it looks like.

Southern Allllebamy.

Ay73298.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks