This afternoon's privy dig 7/17

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Bram,

Good to hear from you,I have never seen that soda,sounds like a good one for sure.Didn't you turn up a rare Ct. soda last year?Great job.I hope you are able to get out and get some digging in soon.Take care,Doug

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
I don't think there is any such thing as an average privy. You can dig what appears to be a 1900 hole and on the bottom could be a fortune in early bottles. This is not a science. It's treasure hunting. Treasure comes in many forms not only early pontiled bottles but also in 1880's Pattern Glass just to name one. I think it's funny how everyone thinks their chosen collectible is better than other peoples. I know of many local milks that are harder to come by than a Drake's Log Cabin Bitters and also much more valuable.

JGUIS

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: zanes_antiques

I don't think there is any such thing as an average privy. You can dig what appears to be a 1900 hole and on the bottom could be a fortune in early bottles.
Or you could dig 40' of TOC[:D] Most of my holes average 4-6', so not much chance of them changing from 1900 to pontils. If I'm digging an 1830 lot and hit a post 1900 hole, I fill it, you know that. I use my time finding the old ones, and if I ever hit a rut, I can always come back and dig em up.[;)]

JGUIS

Reaction score
I forgot, who said something about better collectibles? I reread the post and didn't see it.[&:]

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
my brother and Meech wanted to fill it in before we hit bottom because it was getting late

I can't believe you said this!

Mr. Hungry (AKA Mr. No food, fluids, money or tools to dig with) had food going as soon as he hit his stoop folks.

You may have had a few believers Zane. Has Craig seen this?

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
Sorry it came out that way. I know you had other things to do the next day but my brother did want to just fill it in. Both of you said you couldn't feel anything in the hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2