Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Thoughts?

Diver4Life

Jul 16, 2020
You guys have been awesome, I appreciate the information about the last bottle I posted. Any idea on this one? I have found probably about a half a dozen of these. Quite heavy and solid. So it’s really no surprise they survived being at the bottom of the ocean/river for so long.

My thoughts are some sort of wine bottle. One of them even had a portion of the cork still inside.

Attachments

opmustard

Jan 14, 2021
I would agree that it looks a wine bottle.
When I used to dig privys, I seemed to find some bottles that were very similar andthey ususally turned out to be wine.
opmustard

Jan 2, 2021
You guys have been awesome, I appreciate the information about the last bottle I posted. Any idea on this one? I have found probably about a half a dozen of these. Quite heavy and solid. So it’s really no surprise they survived being at the bottom of the ocean/river for so long.

My thoughts are some sort of wine bottle. One of them even had a portion of the cork still inside.
I feel like you're in my mind...lol. I have its twin. I've tried to clean it with everything.

Attachments

Csa

Oct 21, 2020
Found a very similar one, mine was a split size half bottle. Late 1800s called a kick up I think due to the high indent. Wine or champagne most likely. Lip looks to be ground snd slight bevel?? Search for Kick-up on this site, several threads about them. Many are earlier in 1800s. That’s about all I know. Let’s see what the real experts say.

Jan 2, 2021
Found a very similar one, mine was a split size half bottle. Late 1800s called a kick up I think due to the high indent. Wine or champagne most likely. Lip looks to be ground snd slight bevel?? Search for Kick-up on this site, several threads about them. Many are earlier in 1800s. That’s about all I know. Let’s see what the real experts say.
Thanks and God bless you

Nickneff

Jan 6, 2021

They're called push up wines
I feel like you're in my mind...lol. I have its twin. I've tried to clean it with everything.
Push-up wine bottle

Nickneff

Jan 6, 2021

Push up wine bottle common as day two or three dollars if you're lucky

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilfox84