three piece mold - year range

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

1VDKHQ

Reaction score
I sent this picture before but I don't think anyone saw it. It is a three piece mold. Looks like it was a wood mold by the texture on the bottle. It is green glass and has an applied top. Can anyone tell me a year range on this bottle? Would it have been alcohol? Thanks. Oh yeah and it has S B G on the bottom. Any ideas?

Kevin

Ig11968.jpg

Attachments

• Ig11968.jpg
    Ig11968.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 65

Pettydigger

Reaction score
The bottom of your bottle has a kick-up base, I think that it was made around 1890 to 1910, it was an ale,wine, or something that contained alcohol I'm sure. Would of had a paper label at one time. PD

David E

Reaction score
S.B.& G.CO.........Streator Bottle & Glass Company, Streator, IL (1881-1905). The Streator plant eventually became part of the American Bottle Company, then later Owens Bottle Company, and finally part of the Owens Illinois Glass Co. (Plant #9).
From http://www.myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html

Dave

Guyanaguy

Reaction score
My identical bottle to yours, only shorter, has a very clear mark "S & G"...I still believe your B is an "and" symbol poorly marked....(they're very crudely scrawled)

however, could STILL be Streater...I've seen other bottles with "lazy" incorrect marks.

I've yet to start searching the origin of these bottles...I've seen your size with a "bottle"guy down here with also S&G

let me know if you learn more...I'll check around...

peace

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter