Tiny bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sam_I_Am

Reaction score
We recently purchased a cabin built in 1919 in Colorado and every time I walk a different route to get somewhere on the property I find something new. This time I have come across a tiny old glass bottle probably 4 inches tall. I guess I will describe the bottle shape as sort of cone like. The top of bottle would of had a twist on cap. On the base of bottle is a 9 or 6 with a circle around it. If someone has any helpful info about bottle I would be interested in hearing it. Thanks

Attachments

• aa3057ac05d84331bf475d6e1dc12bd6.jpg
    aa3057ac05d84331bf475d6e1dc12bd6.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 57

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well, the first question is: Are there vertical lines on the threaded top finish. If there are it is a bottle made on an Automatic Bottle Machine. If there not there then look at the bottom and see if there is a round circle of glass from the system of empontilling the bottle to let them shape the top opening before annealing the glass. If there are vertical seam lines on the top closure glass, it isn't a very collectable. If you want to get into collecting glass - keep it for now, and check out our forum. My home page is shown below - and I got my first bottle about 77 years ago. And it didn't have seams RED Matthews

RED Matthews

Reaction score
No feed back on this thread. I like the little bottles and have a couple plastic boxes filled with them. They had to be something on the end of a 5 ft blow-pipe. I also have a nine or ten gallon demijohn up north and I think that would be a heavy load up in the air on any blowpipe. It is still a great hobby after almost 75 years of living with old glass, working for a glass company and traveling the world to glass making seminars and glass plants. It has all been a fantastic past to remember. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583