Today's 20 minute surface finds!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I did a quick walk today to try to find a new dump. I found a small one. Its only about 12 feet around and full of iron and horse shoes. The deepest dug bottle in this pic is maybe 3 inches. From left to right here is what I found. Bottle #1 is a little over 8 inches tall. It has a few air bubbles, one which is through the glass. The seam goes through the lip and around the bottom. On the front its embossed "MOHAWK VALLEY BOTT. WKS, HERKIMER,NY." It also says "REGISTERED" in between those words and once again below it. On the back is embossed "7 FL. OZ." Bottle #2 is 7 and a half inches tall with no apparent air bubbles. The seam is the same as bottle #1. On the front is embossed "Utics Club, REGISTERED BRAND" and "WEST END BREWING CO., UTICA, NY" and on the back "CONTENTS 6 1/2 FL. OZS." This one still has a few stubborn rust stains that a little more CLR and elbow grease and cuss words should be able to get rid of. Bottle #3 is 8 3/4"s tall and looks like it was used for a BB gun target. It has 2 chips (almost holes) and three small round cracks. Its embossed "REGISTERED" on the shoulder and " GEO. H. DESSINGUE, COHOES, N.Y." with "G.H.D." in the middle. On the back it reads "8 FL. OZ." Bottle #4 is 11 1/2" tall with several air bubbles that look like a stretched out football. They vary in size. This is a large, beautiful, local bottle. It's embossed "JOHN BROWNELL, NORTHVILLE, N.Y." on the front and "437" on the back. I love this bottle because I went to Northville school with a few Brownells. It has the original top which says the same as the embossing but its chipped and the metal is in bad shape. On this one the seam stops an inch and a half from the top. Bottle #5 is 8 1/2" tall, seam goes through the top. The bottom has a nasty crack on the edge about the size of a quarter sawed in half. It has a devil embossed on the bottom next to a number "5" and below the devil it says "PLUTO". Bottle #6 is easily my favorite. Its 7 1/2" tall and the seam goes though the lip. Its embossed on the shoulders (front and back) " COCA COLA, TRADE MARK REGISTERED" also on the front in a circle it reads "COCA COLA BOTTLING WORKS, ST CHARLES, VA" its also embossed "COCA COLA" across the bottom. It has a scuff mark and 2 very tiny chips, I think they call them flea bites, taken out of it. Bottle #7 is 8 3/4" tall. It has a very nasty oblong crack the size of 2 half dollars put side by side, but it is intact. The seam goes through the top. The embossing reads "PAUL W. FRIEDLER, ROCHESTER, N.Y." and in the middle "REGISTERED, 8 3/4 FL. OZ." It actually looks like "8 8/4 FL.OZ." also on the front at the bottom "THIS BOTTLE MUST BE RETURNED" and "317" on the bottom. It took me longer to post these then it did to find them. Thanx for reading and if anyone can help me out with info and potental values of any of these bottles, then thanx again. Swiz

Yw66367.jpg

Attachments

• Yw66367.jpg
    Yw66367.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 92

dshaneb

Reaction score
Very nice finds! I particularly like the old coke since I collect them. :) Finding all those turn of the century bottles as surface finds is really cool.

Shane

madman

Reaction score
wow nice finds!!!!!!!!!!!! im jealous mike

swizzle

Reaction score
I can't find anything on this coke bottle. Can anyone out there help me? I can post a close up pic if you need it. All the info I know about it is in the post above. Swiz

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
SWIZZLE, its getting tuff to find these bottles on the surface anymore great finds keep it up whosyer !!

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi, the only thing I can tell you is the Plutos are extremeley common, junk. As for you coke bottle in porter's book it lists it as rare which means that 5-20 are known, probably a good bottle depending on condition.
Robert
BARQS19

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Well, those r some very nice finds, for 20 mins tht is...lol. I ENVY YOU!...tehe. Must be nice to stumble out for half hour to get tht haul... I live in the spartanburg area. Not a lot of un-dug places here! My last shot in this area is to find some old maps of the mill houses and dig privies...Guess i need to take a few mini vacations eh..lol. Xcali..

madman

Reaction score
how about the coca cola bottle hall of fame its on google mike

swizzle

Reaction score
So your saying that the coke bottle I have is only one of maybe 20 bottles known? What should I do with it? Try to sell it at an auction? Hold on to it for 30 years then sell it? Put insurance on it? How do I find out a value on it? Is there a special auction for coca cola stuff? Any info would be great. Thanx for the info you've already given me. Swiz

RazorsEdge

Reaction score
hey swizzle....i found this site very helpful with my cokes. http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/ hope you find yours on here (you should)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen