Today's dump 7/11/07 SWEET HAIR BOTTLE!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KentOhio

Reaction score
The Honeydipper's Dump! That's the stuff of legend! It's like the lost city of El Dorado! Great stuff. I'd even keep the broken flasks.

capsoda

Reaction score
Very sweet finds Doug.[;)] That is an outstanding hair bottle. Could be the dippers secret dump. What a find that would be.

JGUIS

Reaction score
WHAT THE HUMP
In a DUMP??????
You're a turd, I knew I should have called you.[:(] Nice finds!!!

Jim

Reaction score
Sweet digs, Doug! You probably had a better chance of hitting the lottery than finding a dump like that. Beautiful stuff, that Dr. Tebbetts is very likely the most killer colored bottle I have ever feasted my beady little eyes on [:)]. Way to go! ~Jim

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yea man that is one wild color Hair bottle! love it,You said you had one like it before and sold it? I would bet my left leg you wont find another like this,whats that telling ya? ??for (what its worth) [8D][;)][8D][;)][8D] also I have never found a whole calabash myself,peices that's about it, and that one we put back togather,we searched for Nightmen dumps a lot and found a few but like I said not a whole bottle to be found, we would find piled up stones in a wide area, to me it looked like that used the stones for a drain, so the liquid chit would flow down and not be as stinky(yum),lots of shards of 60s & 70s bottles,seeds,but never a whole bottle, the rocks IM sure didn't help, that's cool you found that area, the bottle god was walking with ya man, note I always say bottle (god) there is only 1. Rick

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments.I would imagine the whole area has been dumped in since the beginning of the town,and they dumped dippings in the spot also.The area I somehow hit first had a nice think layer of seeds that I noticed after rinsing the Tebbett's in the creek and they floated to the surface just like poop soup in a privy.This layer of the dump was becoming less and less by the time I had left.The flask and the hair bottle were actually the first 2 I found and were actually touching one another.This was in the first two minutes of scratching,I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO NEED A CHANGE OF PANTS!It slowed considerably and I only hope there are a few more left.The vein is only a couple inches think and packed in hard clay.Most "old dumps" I have found are like that and not under the newer stuff like I hear alot.I also wonder how many dump diggers don't recognize seeds in the dump,like I probably didn't in my heavy dump digging days.Anyway,Thanks again for the nice comments and I will keep you posted,Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
WHAT THE HUMP
In a DUMP??????
ORIGINAL: JGUIS

WHAT THE HUMP
In a DUMP??????
You're a turd, I knew I should have called you.[:(] Nice finds!!!

Josh,I had this picture in my head last night of you running through the woods with a light on your head repeatedly stating "I know it's here somewhere" I'll show that bastard[:D][:D][:D].Don't tell me some thought hasn't went into it.I can assure you it was not in McLuney,Oh..What a name for a town,huh?Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
Chris(baltbottles)

If you end up seeing this post,do you know if the Tebbett's are a product of a Baltimore Works?I know they were filled by a New Hampshire Co. but never knew where they were made,and the colors are pretty distinct.Thanks for any info.Doug

appliedlips

Reaction score
Rick,Thanks for clarifying the Bottle God thing.I only want one working for me.And he is not a member of this forum!Those that are hearing several,some professionals call them "voices".Doug

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers