Today's dump 7/11/07 SWEET HAIR BOTTLE!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

craigc90

Reaction score
Boy you have had a very good year so far. Quanity does not matter its the quality. Congradulations and good luck on the rest of it I hope the vein gets 2 feet thick. .

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Wow, those are some nice scratchings Doug, Id be "regenerated" for sure. I'd also been afraid of rinsing that puppy in the stream! I've found at foundations there's sometimes old under the new but its down in a clayish (non-topsoil) thin layer like you had, and sometimes under the fallen foundation stones and the newer bottles were surface stuff.

JGUIS

Reaction score
The McCluney dump is deep. I never would have thought that under all that 1980s trash would be 1850s stuff. Just goes to show. I haven't dug that one for awhile, was getting into some nice stuff when the last cave happened. I'll get back in it someday.[;)]

subsoil

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

Chris(baltbottles)

If you end up seeing this post,do you know if the Tebbett's are a product of a Baltimore Works?I know they were filled by a New Hampshire Co. but never knew where they were made,and the colors are pretty distinct.Thanks for any info.Doug

Freakin sweeet finds.... don't you just love that feeling!

I have several Tebbett WT&CO druggists, they were out of Manchester NH. Don't know if it's just a name coincidence but there were Tebbetts brothers in Manchester I believe selling meds on Elm St ~1890+, I should do some more hunting around the archives to see if they sold or re-sold hair products too.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment.It is not a coincidence,this is a Manchester bottle I do believe or maybe Nashua?Can't remember for sure but I'd bet on Manchester.Regardless it is from Nh..I used to see them in the early dumps in New Hampshire but always broken.This is the first I have seen in the midwest.As far as the date is concerned,this one isn't a day past the early sixties and I think most of these date to the 60's-70's.Hope you find a couple,soon.Doug

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology